• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Units as Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a grenade system where they all have different explosions and AoE's and things. As the AoE's would be varied I thought I could use a unit as the explosion effect and size the unit based on the AoE. However when the units are created they don't play the explosion animation? I can't seem to get the animation to play in-game on the unit? Any ideas?

Level 5
Hi Karzama,

I have created a test map with an ability called Grenade Toss.
It uses special effects instead of creating dummy units.
As it levels, the number of special effects on the target unit increases. (Instead of scaling explosion sizes)
The ability is based off of Firebolt. The ability stuns the main target and damages units in an area.
Use the trigger I made in the map as a template for your grenade abilities if you like.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• test_caldera.w3x
    36.5 KB · Views: 43
Level 13
We need more information about how you are dealing with models and triggers. Could you show us some of your code that deals with the effects? Do those explosion models have any of the following animations: "stand", "birth", or "death"?

Status
Not open for further replies.