• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Maya Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I'm using MAya to make my custom models. I have two completely modeled and rigged and now all I have to do is skin it and animate it. Does anyone else use Maya? If so I could use some pointers on how to skin and animate it. Thanks.

If anyone's interested in Knowing the two models I'm working on are Lagann(from the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) and a Giant black killer rabbit.

Would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me. I haven't really seen any tutorials for Maya on the site.

Level 2
How not? You have to convert the models from Objs to a different format using a different program anyway don't you? So why not model it in MAya and then use whatever other programs you need to after words to do the conversions?

From what I've read so far it doesn't seem to matter what program you use to model it.

Level 2
So then what I could do is animate it in Maya and then bring it into 3DSMAX then? Or bring the model into 3ds and then animate it there? Would either of those options work?

Level 2
Sorry what's bipeds? Is that a different program? I'm pretty sure you're not talking about bipedal character (like things that stand on two legs)

Level 2
Actually I found out a way that I can transfer My models animations, skeletons and all from Maya flawlessly into Max. Now that I've got that figured out. does anyone know how to animate in Maya? Or perhaps got some tips?

Level 2
I tried to use the tutorials in the help section in Maya but they don't work. I did find anothing tutorial online that seems all right. But I'm more thinking about the specifics of animation specifically for Warcraft models.

Status
Not open for further replies.