1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Is this any good?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by yuripro84, Oct 20, 2005.

1. yuripro84

yuripro84

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, my brother got maya, a modeling program, does anybody know if thats any good? I'm currently learning GMax (the free version), since everything else is too expensive! but maya wasn't too bad priced, and my brother made a decent model, which makes me think an idiot could use it and look proffesional, anyone know anything about maya?

2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Maya's quite good, however it absolutely and totally lacks any Warcraft additions

As in, its 110% useless for Warcraft 3 modding as current

3. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thats too bad for me because I'm learning how to model with that software.

So maybe I shall suggest myself to wait for a wc3 model converter for Maya if there will be any in progress (but I doubt there will be any). :roll:

4. halo

halo

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Maya is a higher polygonal modeling program.
    It is pretty much useless for low poly models(warcraft) but it has absolutly no converter.

Maya is an OKAY modeler.
    What makes maya great is its animation system.
    It is one of the best and convienient animation programs.
    Though animating is one of the hardest parts of modeling,it is the most rewarding seeing your characters in motion.
    -halo aka CMB,staby

5. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    There is a tool that allows you to reduce polygons on your models. :wink: