• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I get Maya models into WE? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys? I have previousley seen some converters from .3ds and Milkshape and .3d and .whatnot, but I have never EVER seen any converters for Maya. :sad:

Can someone please tell me any way how I can convert Maya 8.5 Unlimited models into my WE? I am like really ANY way even if it includes 10 different programs and 20 different conversions!

I mean seriousley, how come noone cares about Maya? It is as good of a program as 3dsmax if not better, how come noone cares about it? :bored:

Well, but so does anyone know any method of getting Maya models into WE?
Thx :smile:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

There isn't any way, no exporters or scripts.

Level 1
But I really don't get it... how come there are like 3 orso programs that convert StudioMax models but there are no programs to be seen that convert Maya extensions?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Because Max was most likely the program Blizzard used to create models for Warcraft III? There are even Blizzard Art Tools made for Max, but not for Maya.

Level 1
Because Max was most likely the program Blizzard used to create models for Warcraft III? There are even Blizzard Art Tools made for Max, but not for Maya.
Yeah, not only the official tools..but also there is a tool on this website "Biturn" which can convert things to like almost every format... including 3ds max but again, NO MAYA!!!! ARGH! :eekani: There are like extensions from programs I've never heard of, and no maya, the greatest 3d software on the market...no MAYA! Nothing, zero, negative, nada! :bored:

Well... if you have milkshape, you can import Maya models into there, I think
Which you can then export in a wc3 format from milkshape
Animations might be lost, though... IDK, never tried
Well yeah, I figures a way taht I can import/export .obj files and the convert them but then I also lose my animations, but I need the animations... wihtout animations the best I would be able to do is...well... a deadsimple attachment. >.<

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My advice would be to learn Max, the interfaces are very similar. If you are good with Maya you could most likely pick up Max much more easily than someone with no experience at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.