• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Using Hive Models in Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone! Got a question for y'all. Let's say I want to use 3d models downloaded from the Hive, giving full credit to their makers, in a game made in Unreal engine, could I actually do it?
The game would be fully free with no ads, just a piece of shareware. Would I get in trouble with Blizzard even if the models are not based on their IP?

Thanks for all replays!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
"[...] The game would be fully free with no ads, just a piece of shareware [...]" (note: emphasis added)
Shareware - Wikipedia

"Shareware is a type of proprietary software which is initially provided free of charge to users, who are allowed and encouraged to make and share copies of the program. [...] Shareware differs from freeware [...].

There are many types of shareware [...], and while they may not require an initial up-front payment, many are intended to generate revenue in one way or another. Some limit use to personal non-commercial purposes only, with purchase of a license required for use in a business enterprise. The software itself may be limited in functionality or be time-limited, or it may remind the user that payment would be appreciated. [...]"

Status
Not open for further replies.