• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using defence instead of Armor as damage reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi. I have a problem with my idea of having armor giving defence instead of armor.. i use the "hardened skin" ability for all the armor like items and edited the ability with giving x defence depending on the items.. i also edited the ignored damage and made it 0.

The problem is that when there is more than one item in the inventory, only one of the items has effect while the other is completely usless... does anyknow know how to turn "stacking" off, or know how to edit armor so it reduces damage by point instead of by percentage?

Thanks for reading!!

Level 12
You can't edit the armor system so far i know, so i suggest this:
1. make one "hardened skin" ability with 99 levels, which each hero will have
2. store each item's "armor" bonus
3. wheever hero picks/drops/buys etc.. any item, just go throught inventory, count all "armor" bonuses and then set the level of the ability to that value. It will work only for armor values 0-99 (be careful, setting level to 0 will propably remove the ability, and you will have to add it later)

Level 12
Use hardened skin. 1-MAX levels. 1 per level.
Store level_Integer & adjust via triggers based on items/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.