• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ursa like ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to create a passive like ursa's deep wounds(from DotA), for those who don't know it, it's like incinerate, without the explosion damage.
I really can't understand why the damage stack doesn't modify if I modify the incinerate spell, I mean for example I want to put the unit to do +15 damage per first attack, +30 per second etc, like Ursa does and I thought that with the Incinerate it's easy but it doesn't seem to work.
Anyone knows why? Or does anyone know a good simple efficient trigger to replace that?
I hope you understood what I'm saying because I'm pretty high on coffee.

Level 9
I'm trying to create a passive like ursa's deep wounds(from DotA), for those who don't know it, it's like incinerate, without the explosion damage.
I really can't understand why the damage stack doesn't modify if I modify the incinerate spell, I mean for example I want to put the unit to do +15 damage per first attack, +30 per second etc, like Ursa does and I thought that with the Incinerate it's easy but it doesn't seem to work.
Anyone knows why? Or does anyone know a good simple efficient trigger to replace that?
I hope you understood what I'm saying because I'm pretty high on coffee.

It's pretty simple, just use Incinerate(passive) fire lord's skill. And if you want it to be as i saw it should be like this. Bonus damage multiplier is the thing you need, you set it to 15 and then you will hit 15 more per hit. you just set all those area thingies to 0 and duration w/e you want to and there you have it. I even took my time and tested it. Yup

Bonus damage multiplier - 15. (15/30/45/60/75/90/105 and etc. damage bonus per hit)

Just clearing the obvious ;)
Tiche3:wink:

Level 3
Guys, that's exactly what I did, changed the values in object editor to 15 bonus multiplier but it still reads 1 only, and I have no idea why... the hero is ranged btw, does it have something to do with it?

Level 9
Guys, that's exactly what I did, changed the values in object editor to 15 bonus multiplier but it still reads 1 only, and I have no idea why... the hero is ranged btw, does it have something to do with it?

Huh i tested it with a ranged unit ;) I know what can be the problem: You might have another Orb Effect. Orb effects are things that usually are buff placers, like passive slow, mask of death, incinerate, frost/searing arrows and etc. if you have any of the above of any other orb effects, this thing won't work. Check it and write back with the information. :)

Level 3
Seems like I've solved the problem, the text and other things I can modify from the new costum ability made from Incinerate( but it seems that the bonus damage and explosion facts are taken from the original Incinerate)... Thanks all for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.