• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Urban Eviroment War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay so i was thinking about make a war map in modern time about a war that has fallen onto a city it would include buildings of course all the basic war machines it would be a smallish map made with small units to make it look realistic and you have to battle over control of some control points and possible the more control points the more gold or credit you get

do you think this is a good idea and if so how should you get gold and how should you make units and anything else you think would be important

Level 7
uhm, it's a good idea, very original (my opinion)

making units?
well the usual summoning cuz, well, in normal life, you need to grow up, reach the age of 18 and then roll in a army, after that is training and again training and finnaly you go war, and if you want to do like in normal life in your map, it could take a long time.

or you can just construct a building, and from there train kids untill they become adults and ready to fight or something like that.

how to get gold? hmm if it's gonna be a mission type map (like go kill those guys and come back), you could get gold from rewards, i meen (i think) in real life soldiers get money if they complete a mission, i think lol.

Level 3
About income, soldiers got payment monthly as any other profession, so as many soldiers/or more ranked ones, you get, more you gain.
machines also give gold because of the crew, but spent resources to maintain their mechanism.

about combat

Keep in mind that a soldier with packs of explosives can sneak throught houses and plant charges around armored vehicles, run and detonate the charges. So a soldier well used and correctly equipped can destroy a whole armored platoon.

Again about cities, the urban warfare is far different of field ones ( believe me, i'm on a semi closed military program of my country. so i keep a military and a civillian life at same time). So a lot of tanks are very imponent, and if they spot enemy soldiers they will toast then in a flash. BUT city narrow streets and a lot of hidding spots guaranted by the buildings give a fair advantage to a inteliggent soldier. Also civillian bridges and streets aren't proper to heavy war machines. Some heavier ones could'nt use these ones or they could ruin the bridge, or destroy the street, difficulting the terrain advancing.

Also, if the idea is become realistic, some tanks shot about 11 Kilometers far of their position, or even more if the tank is quite modern. So tanks could be used as mobile artillery ( well they are mobile artillery at all :p) and don't put on the frontlines as many games show.

The "shield" function tanks with both anti-personel and anti-armored weapons that come in front with the soldiers are of different aplication.
the M-113 like, with light weapons and support material to troops in other hand can be a constant, as it increases the troop duarbility and so on.

Tell me if you like my ideas, and soon a i post here some others.

Level 3
i was thinking about how i should lay out map and what it would be about and i though of the idea that it would be based in world war 2 the fight for berlin so that would probley take out the smallish map idea because multiple area would be made and there would be two teams of x amount of people one would be the defense of berlin (might find another name later) then there would be the red army... for berlin to win they have to beat back the red army and for the red army to win they have to take the Reichstag i belive its called the way you get troops is you can make them but its hard to but you the red army will have a spawn with a limit so you pretty much would only be making tanks and other machines berlin defense would have diffrent spawn points that would become active at times if the red army advances far enough berlin would also make tanks and machines

is this a better idea then the before one?

Level 3
Hold on, this will be one BIG post XD

1º idea
well, i know the effect of playing "great scenes" as a might hero, in a legendary battle.

But how about a WW2 "choke point battle".

Let's say: the ............ (name of city, can even be a fiction one), is a critical point, to both armies.

The background: the city is under siege during months, and the two armies are determined to conquer thee city and defend at all costs. There isn't the war decisive combat, but is a worth one.

Both armies start near of city urban perimeter, and have to enter it, there will happen the "Heavy" of the combat.

while no ones is in city's control, their main buildings and spawn points are near their map starting position.
When one side gets the city, their initial buildings are turned off, and moved to the city. THEN only this side must defend the city and defeat the enemy. The other side, then will have to exterminate the defending side.

Until one side conquers the city there's no way to win.
So after an army controls the city, if the defending one will win if destroy the invasors. the invasors if they defeat the defensors.

This will keep the players fighting for each palm of the city, and there's will be no problem about ALL players wanting to play just as invasors or defenders, this will be result of the gameplay!

After the sides toke position ( defender and invasor) then the defensive ones will gain the logical advantage of control the city, with buildings and every advantages that a base can offer.

The offensive side, at other hand, will have the mobility advantage, and more tactical freedom, since they would try to bring down the walls, or simply insert an alone Commando or a group of saboteurs to slowly take down the city.

-------------------------OR------------------------------
2º idea
(this is simplier)

make the hole map an city, on a pos-apocaliptical word, where the armies fight to conquer cities, because these are the only suitable places to live!

The deserts are so wild that there no way to pass throught then. The forests are now toxic fountains, something turned almost every plant poisonous. And the seas are not more than a permanent storm and rural areas are a mix of all this. The cities for some reason still intact, so the armies fight to keep they lifestyle.

Just this, fight today to live tomorrow.

So the players will choose if they preffer, bring down the civilian buildings and use their rubbles to build a stronger military base, or will use the existing buildings to adopt an stealth style.

What you prefer? and land shaking group of tanks and heavy infantry destroing everything that moves or that crosses their way. Or and small fullyequiped and almost perfectly balanced elite group sneaking, acomplishing their missions and getting out without being noticed?

this will be the option that you will offer to the players

--------------------------------------------------------------
both increases the replay factor and, bring everything of my first post again.

i hope i helped you

Level 3
hmm i like your ideas so i what about changing my idea a bit so instead of battleing in one part of a city the red army starts outside the city which after being seige then berlin def has to keep them from getting in and red army wants to get in to force opposing team to surrender and if red army gets in there spawn points move inside the town how bout that?

Well it could be like the first area is that critical point if red army gets then on to berlin if berlin def gets it then they can move onto the red armys base?

Last edited:
Level 3
yeah, that's also a good one.

just keep in mind, if the city will divide the map, or will be just at some region(at the center as example).

If the city is from one corner to another you will need a big terrain balancing, to don't make to easy or too hard get to berlin, or red army base.

If the city is only at the central part/ or at a corner, be sure that the terrain is fully usable. Like i can choose if i come from north or south. something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.