• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upwards Shimmering Portal Structure

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an upward facing version of the Shimmering Portal that can be used as a building that was created upon request by Kam. Thanks to Kam for the idea!

It also has an embedded portrait to make it look good as a Structure.
Contents

Upwards Shimmering Portal Structure (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Might be useful for people, but edits are too small to meet approval criteria.
Along with adding the sixth crystal crystal into the model, and team color crystals, I spent an immense amount of time writing a computer program to generate this model from the standard portal by rotating it's internal animation data to face a different direction so that it is truly an upward facing portal, not just a portal which had it's root bone rotated or something. So, it seems a little bit like subtley large edits, but I can see where you're coming from.

Considering these edits are small to you, I'm actually curious, do you have modeling software that could rotate a rigged wc3 model with it's animations to face a different direction? It might be worth it for me to investigate more existing alternatives to writing my own code.

Level 2
Great idea!
I suggest removing the color layer over the portal. The original portal has only the purple effect in the middle, which is enough in my opinion.

Level 17
@Retera This model kind of tricks peoples eyes because i showed it to some of my friends and based on screenshots they kinda got confused to thinking the model is standing as it originally was. i later understood its because of the spinning white runes facing player camera.

If you can make it so these spinning rune circles are not facing player camera, and just flat facing upwards like the portal itself while spinning, potentially also slightly lowering the hight of the crystals and the spinning runes. it would fix this issue.