• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Uploading and Editing Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm loving the updates so far and am very pleased we finally get to see a preview of the coming changes. I am noticing some small issues, so I figured I would share them here. I see much of what I have encountered has already been shared in other threads in this forum, so I will try not to repeat anything that has already been reported. My apologies if I've missed anyone's posts and make duplicate reports.

Yesterday I uploaded a model to the beta site and upon completion of the upload, the bundle was immediately set to the approved state. I appreciate that you are so trusting and chose to automatically approve my model, but I can say with confidence that the file I uploaded did not meet the criteria for approval. I imagine this is unintended behaviour.

Today I noticed while editing that same bundle, that the tags I picked were no longer highlighted on the edit page. I reassigned the desired tags and submitted my edits. Upon returning to the edit page, all tags were once again not highlighted. I don't see the tags listed anywhere on the resource's page after completing the edit, so I am not sure if the tags aren't showing on the edit page or if they aren't being associated with the bundle at all.

In addition to this, I'm finding that the field for selecting tags is fairly small. While this is a very insignificant problem, I did find it a bit difficult to determine what I had already selected as I was only able to see about seven tags at a time without scrolling. Furthermore, it was not immediately clear to me that I needed to Ctrl + Left Click to select multiple tags. If more tags were visible at a time, I expect more quickly I would have seen my other selections being removed as I was left clicking without holding Ctrl on additional tags. I'm not opposed to using a scroll bar or having only a small subset of the tags visible at once, but I think the field could afford to be slightly larger.

My last concern about the upload and editing forms is the assets field. Despite having used it, I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of the field is. I can imagine some uses and can take a guess at what it's intended purpose is. It seems to me that it could perhaps be a great feature, but I can't help but think that I am using that field for purposes that were not intended. Some sort of hint could be included in the form, otherwise I feel new users or some poor fellow like me who hasn't uploaded anything in a few years might be a little confused.

None of these issues are particularly glaring and I see the new version of the site is well on its way. I hope to see some of these problems resolved and I look forward to the full release of the update! Congratulations to everyone who helped put it together.

Edit: You can find the model that I uploaded for testing purposes here. I also want to add that while I have mixed emotions about Reforged and be it the only option temporarily or not, I really enjoy the new Reforged themed styling of the site.

Last edited:
My last concern about the upload and editing forms is the assets field. Despite having used it, I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of the field is. I can imagine some uses and can take a guess at what it's intended purpose is. It seems to me that it could perhaps be a great feature, but I can't help but think that I am using that field for purposes that were not intended. Some sort of hint could be included in the form, otherwise I feel new users or some poor fellow like me who hasn't uploaded anything in a few years might be a little confused.
This has been there for a long time, it's not a new feature. The purpose is to link related resources, e.g. an icon and a model. IIRC it has been there since before we could put icons and textures in model bundles, so it's not used as often anymore.

This has been there for a long time, it's not a new feature. The purpose is to link related resources, e.g. an icon and a model. IIRC it has been there since before we could put icons and textures in model bundles, so it's not used as often anymore.

Okay, very enlightening! Thank you. I assumed that the primary intended purpose was to associate icons with a model upload. Seeing other submissions where icons were being included in the "content" section of the submission rather than the "assets" section was making me second guess this assumption.

THANK YOU.

No problem and thank YOU for the all caps!

Here's another almost impossibly insignifcant nitpick now that loktar has reviewed my submission. The alerts regarding the moderation of my bundle are the only alerts that do not end with a period, at least of the alerts I have seen so far.

Attachments

• alerts.png
    alerts.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 40
Here's another almost impossibly insignifcant nitpick now that loktar has reviewed my submission. The alerts regarding the moderation of my bundle are the only alerts that do not end with a period, at least of the alerts I have seen so far.
This reminds me: the red "new" text is missing in alerts.

This reminds me: the red "new" text is missing in alerts.

There's a little yellow circle in the bottom right of each unread alert. If you hover over the bottom right of any read alert you can mark them as unread and see what I'm referring to. I'm not sure if this is functionally different than the "new" text, but figured I would point it out in case it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.