• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

upgrade your map to be playable in this patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well im a fan of frost skull cavern. well i wanna help him. of course i will ask him if he wants help i wont spoil. but can you tell me how do you upgrade your map to be playable in this patch. and how does the world editor adapt to the new patch. is it upgraded. good to know:)

question= how do you fix your old map (before worked but dosent work on this patch but wanna it to work on this patch )map to be playable in this patch. thanks!

THANKS I APPRECIATE IT IT

Level 26
It is not that simple. The patch that broke backwards compatibility killed off the return bug and introduced hashtables instead. The return bug was used to get the id of a handle but also to deduce back to the object with this id. First is covered by the new GetHandleId function but the revert process is not that distinctive. To emulate the return bug, you would have to catch every creation of an object and assign the object to its id (in a hashtable preferably since ids can be large integer values). However, not all types are supported in a hashtable and this conversion won't be optimized. It would be best to rebuild the code with structs (that have their own limits). Anyway, it highly depends on the actual scenario, whether the return bug was only used in a few places or infests the whole map and how this map was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.