1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unsung Legends Trailer

Discussion in 'Cinematics' started by Bob27, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can find the cinematic at www.wc3campaigns.net aswell in the Hosted Project forum for Unsung Legends.

2. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    I havent seen many cinematics, so this is without doubt the best ive ever seen. But hold on a second, i would still like to mention what i thought was the major good/bad things. I'll start with the good stuff
    • The terrain was stunning, and i didnt think the fog was a problem.
    • Some camera views, as the one moving alongside the scourge armies, and the one looking at the trolls on the hills and then down, looked really proffesional.
    • The story is very good, with enough sides to make it interesting.

And the bad stuff...
    • There is just to much text. Real movie trailers take one or two sentences at a time for a reason. You dont have time to read it all and see the trailer, very frustrating.
    • Some stuff looked wierd, as mentioned, the troll aura was so wrong. Those are minor things that can spoil the shot.
    • No voice acting. Bet its hard to do, but it gets so much better.

As i said, this is still the best cinematic ive seen, but ofc it can get better.

3/5

3. Sephiroth_VII

Sephiroth_VII

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The links don't work.

4. Corleone

Corleone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice cinnematic. Seen quite a lot of Wc3 cinnematics, and most were crap. Anyway, here's my list of good and bad things about it;

Good
    + Storyline looks interesting. It's only a bit strange that the humans are fighting alongside the Forsaken, but I can live with that.
    ++ Terraining looked very nice.
    + The archer's volley looked cool in the battle scene.
    ++ I didn't see too many typoes in the text, which means that you either knew how to write everything or bothered to check it in a dictionary or w/e. Big plus from me.

Bad
    - Those knights came out of nowhere, as mentioned before.
    - Text was a bit too fast at the start, later on it was okay.
    - Personally, I didnt really like the way the camera switched angles all the time. It was always turning, and the top views didn't really look great in my opinion.

Not the best cinnematic I've seen, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 4/5. :infl_thumbs_up:

5. AlexM

AlexM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, sry for noob question but when will it be done?

6. hawk_767

hawk_767

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great cinematic. Loved the battles scenes and the story explanation through out it. Its been a while since I heard anything new on this project so I was wondering if the team was even working on it or if work has just been slow.
    Anyways 4/5 :thumbs_up: for this cinematic.

7. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No idea, Taur just asked me to make a trailer for the project. So I have no idea when it will be done.

Thanks for the comments, and I think they have been working on it, just very slowly.

8. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  9. hawk_767

hawk_767

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wow that sux I was really looking forward to playin that. but oh well. I can see Why they stopped working on it. After working on it for so long it would start to get tireing and time consuming. Well at least the team that worked on it learned some things and maybe they'll get together and make another map thats smaller than UL and maybe even better than UL would have been since they could use the knowledge they gained from making UL.

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All of HernanG's work gone to waste :p
    I too was looking forward to this.
    ~Craka_J

11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We will not make anything that resembles the old UL work, hawk. We have all moved on to other things and most of the members has left Warcraft. Slith, the project leader, I believe has left completely. Me and Taur is still around though, both doing other projects.