• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unofficial Facebook Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all offtopic ... but ...

How can that even be possible?

Same as Wii. Motion/contact sensors. It's an add-on.

Speaking of THW, are there any hiveworkshop facebook pages?

Great question. 5 second search revealed this:

clicky clicky ->

Back on point. What would you want a mobile app to do that you can't do using your mobile web browser?

This Facebook group is definitely not official. Just take a look, it seems to only advertise stuff that Sephiroth_VII made...

I emailed him and I got no response. If we report it to facebook they will likely take it down. It violates their community standards. I do this a facebook page would be advantageous. I'm not sure how we could regulate it. Maybe only allow admins to post on it and others to comment. It could announce contests and top resources.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We have tried to contact the owners of the false Hive Workshop facebook pages to no avail. The next step is to contact the facebook management team directly.

But like Ralle said, feel free to help us take them down. It would be much appreciated! Seeing as we are planning on making an official Hive facebook page, it would help to get rid of all the fake ones.

The false/fake Hive Workshop facebook pages are listed below:

Last edited:
Level 32
When reporting, the reasons that pop up are:
- I just don't like it
- It's harassing me or someone I know
- I think it shouldn't be on Facebook
- It's a scam
- I think it's an unauthorized use of my intellectual property
and you may only select one.

Options 4 and 5 somewhat fit. But which did you choose Legal?

Level 21
Created a quick account just to help report em
Edit:
and my curiosity got the best of and I found myself reading about 7.1 earthquakes in Alaska....

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Thank you :)

By all means, invite others to do the same. Another thing people can do, is to send them a message asking the owners to kindly take down their facebook pages imitating Hive.

EDIT:

doomhammer99, the creator of https://www.facebook.com/thworkshop/ (The Hive Workshop) has agreed to take the page down (it will take 14 days).
As a token of our appreciation for complying to our demand we will grant every creator who has an account here a small amout of reputation points, if the creator takes down his or her Hive facebook page.

Don't go ahead and make a new Hive facebook page, though. This offer only applies to the unofficial pages listed above. Any member of our community found to have created a new facebook page imitating Hive, will not get reputation points but rather a penalty.

Last edited:
Level 21
By all means, invite others to do the same. Another thing people can do, is to send them a message asking the owners to kindly take down their facebook pages imitating Hive.
Will do

Status
Not open for further replies.