• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unleashed Magic Arena v1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In the Tower of magic, sorcerers study and discover secrets of magic. And when they're not studying, they fight themselves with their deadliest spells in closed areas. This is called the Unleashed Magic Arena.

Unleashed Magic Arena is a kind of Hero arena but more FPS-oriented, with fast-paced gameplay focusing not only on dodging and aiming but also anticipating enemy movement and using combinations of spells for attack and support.
Players must choose their spells from 6 elements, Fire, Frost, Storm, Earth, Darkness and Holy. Each element contains 9 spells, both offensive and defensive, and spells are all different from each other.

Players must choose their spells using the spellbook of the associated element. To learn a spell, you must spend Knowledge Points (KP). KP are earned every level. Spells are not cast with abilities but with items, so you can have 6 spells at the same time. Once you've learned a spell, you can freely add or remove it from your inventory.

You have 3 attributes: Soul strength, Magic power and Spirit. Soul strength increases your life, Magic power increases damage done by spells and Spirit increases Mana regeneration. You gain 3 attribute points every level. You can spend these points on your attributes, so you may want to spend more points on certain attributes rather than others.

The aim of the game is to kill enemy sorcerers a certain number of times. You can make teams with other players at the beginning, like a melee map. You win if the sum of all frags in your team reaches the frag limit.

Also, I'm not an English-speaker, so there may be some mistakes on descriptions and texts. I've tried to keep them easy to understand anyway.

The map is protected

Changelog:
v1.5:
-Now compatible with version 1.24.

v1.4:
-Added new game modes that can be selected at the beginning.
-Fixed some bugs which made casting channeling spells impossible.
-Added the Ready room at the beginning of the game where players can wait before everyone have chosen their models.

v1.3a:
-Fixed a bug that ended the game at the beginning in duel

v1.3:
-Teamplay mode added. You can team with other players at the beginning, before the game start, by choosing your team number.

v1.2:
-Improved performance of the projectile system
-A limit of kills can be specified at the beginning
-Reduced mana cost and cooldown of Mana burn
-Increased casting time of Dark world

v1.1:
-Reduced mana cost of Cold zone and Heavy winds
-Increased damage and debuff duration of Death contact
-Fixed bug on Rolling stone and inceased growth speed
-Fixed bug on Flamethrower
-3-seconds invulnerability on spawn
-The scoreboard now sorts players by frags

Keywords:
Unleashed, Magic, Arena, Sorcerer, Spells, Deathmatch
Contents

Unleashed Magic Arena v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
17:58, 27th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Sorry for the long wait to get the map checked, anyway here it goes: - Terrain could and should be better - The heroes are all the same, I'm highly against - I didn't know what to do at start, its...

M

17:58, 27th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Sorry for the long wait to get the map checked, anyway here it goes:

- Terrain could and should be better
- The heroes are all the same, I'm highly against
- I didn't know what to do at start, its poorly explained
- When I choose 6 spells, and I go choosing more it says I can't, however my points deduce and new spells open

It requires more work and testing, use our Map Development Forum, this won't get approved here, Rejected.

Level 4
It's a very fun map ! I hightly recommend you !
Like Battle Mage with better terrain and more action !
I have test this with hit
I give 5/5 because I like this map !

Last edited:

hit

hit

Level 6
I give 76/100 (4/5) :
-Some power are not balanced
-Protected map
~No difference between hero but that make the game more equitable
~Not a lot of explication (and time to read it), but we can do without
+Good powers
+Always in action (add more time of invulnerability when die)
+No bug (exept with the teleporter and some power)
+++++Good map !

"All Map Test", Clan lrdn

Last edited:
Level 2
If you think some spells are unbalanced or bugged, then tell me which one. But I've done a lot of playtest before sending this map online, so I think there is an overall balance and some spells are powerfull even if they look weak at first sight.

And I can't add more informations because everything about the game is already explained in the quest log. I know it requires time to know the different spells and how to use them but you can start a singleplayer game and use "greedisgood" to try every spell and read descriptions.

hit

hit

Level 6
The bug is "Fireball/etc and the teleporter" ^^ if you are on a teleporter and you use a power like that, the fireball is teleported (sorry for my english :p), is not really a bug, but ... (that is a "+" )
Power are not unbalanced one by one, but when you use Holy, and Fire you see a big difference.

Level 6
Moderators PLEASE approve the Map !!!
As I said you many time it's a very fun game, I enjoy to play it with friends :D
Rated 5/5, of course.

You just should change the Minimap and the Loading screen, cause they... suck :p
(ask SnowWolf for that)

KEEP UP GOOD WORK !

Level 4
I play it some tine , and it's a very fun map !
I just need a news arena for 1vs1 player ......
The last spell of light ( "revelation" ?)is really powerfull .... and , when u use it good , you can kill 10 people !xD
Do raise earth can block missiles ?

Level 19
Umm... is it only me, but from the discription this definetely looks like "Battle Mages" ..
Are you trying to remake it or what?
2/5 rate, won't even bother to download...

EDIT: Ok, I download it so I can be sure, and I think you've opened the
unprotected versions of "Battle Mages" and used the same code/triggers for this one.
(Or you just copy/paste the triggers into your map)

Please, offer us (or just to me) the unprotected version of this map, or just to me
I want to check the triggers, if its possible.

For now my opinion is a vote for rejection.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 2
This is not supposed to be a carbon copy of Battle mages, rather a different game in the same style.
It has its own spells and features. The code is done entirely by me in JASS, I didn't reuse any of the code of BM. It use its own projectile system that support Z-axis movement.
I can't really give an unprotected version since a lot of the code is in external JASS files so the map would not compile.

Anyway this project is kind of abandonned now. I've just made an update to make it work with the last patch but I haven't add any feature for more than a year.