• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Wars Unleashed

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this is only a beta version with 2 existing arenas at the time.

This is a map that me and my class mate did just for fun and we thought that you guys might like it to.

the game is about a small arena with 2 diffrent terrain modes (more is coming) and it is a little like DotA by the creeps and heroes, but the goal in this game is to play against your opponent and destroy their main building on the other end of the map.

Keywords:
Arena, War, Mini, Unleashed
Contents

Mini Wars Unleashed (Map)

Reviews
21:51, 2nd Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 12
Oh noes, not that Light vs Dark cliche' again.

Trigger Evaluation:

ALL of your spawning triggers point leak.

I don't see what this trigger's purpose is:
  • World diplomacy
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Team 1 Diplomacy --------
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 6 (Orange) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 6 (Orange) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 6 (Orange) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 6 (Orange) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
      • -------- Team 2 Diplomacy --------
      • Player - Make Player 3 (Teal) treat Player 4 (Purple) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 3 (Teal) treat Player 5 (Yellow) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 4 (Purple) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 4 (Purple) treat Player 5 (Yellow) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 5 (Yellow) treat Player 4 (Purple) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 5 (Yellow) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision
Next, this trigger is what we call inefficient. It may or may not matter to you, but in my opinion, in matters.
  • Player Gold Income
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Add Gold_Income to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
      • Player - Add Gold_Income to Player 2 (Blue) Current gold
      • Player - Add Gold_Income to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
      • Player - Add Gold_Income to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
That could be easily replaced with this during map-making to save time:
  • Player Gold Income Revised
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add Gold_Income to (Player((Integer A))) Current gold
The same could be done with your lumber income, and whatever triggers that require similar repetitive work.

Oh hooray, you gave "Admins" which are you and everyone you selected, the ability to show the map, give gold/lumber, and give experience to heroes. What's the point of that?
To get a sick kick out of being idolized so that you could give out rewards? Or to give yourself an unfair advantage?

Besides from those problems, tleno describes most of the flukes on the map with a couple sentences. I can agree with him.

Suggestion: Read up on tutorials and ask around for assistance. Everyone was new once.

No Rating and voted for Rejection.