• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units ignore fortified armor and phoenix egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have a group of units that are ordered to attack other units, however the units ignore all units with fortified armor and phoenix eggs, until the last unit that isn't either is dead, then they will go after them.
How to make that units won't ignore them in such a way?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Wasn't this always the case? Post from 3 years ago, Fortified Armor is mentioned in the last comment: Priority

Some (Possible) Solutions:
  • Mimic the properties of Fortified Armor using a different Armor Type and give this to your units instead.
  • Make your Fortified Armor units draw aggro with some form of attack. Maybe a 0 damage, hidden, permanent immolation aura?

Yeah fortified armour is amazing for a variety of reasons other than just the bonuses it confers. As someone mentioned using a different armour type with the same properties as fortified, if you haven't used it already Divine armour is a mostly unused armour type that can be edited in the gameplay constants which is easy to do, to have the same properties as fortified.

Level 11
This behaviour has existed for a very long time. It is why custom map barricade and wall buildings were often given trivial damage attacks just so they generate tower like agro and so are attacked along side other units with attacks.
I think the change I'm thinking of is that in reforged, even when a fortified unit is given an attack, the attackers will prioritize other non-fortified targets over any fortified target. This behavior was causing a problem for a friend of mine in Roguelike map and forced him to change all mobs with fortified armor for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.