• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Event when Phoenix Egg transform into Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello everyone, I'm making a trigger that when the Phoenix dies, it leaves the Phoenix Egg behind. (This is not something special). However, I want the trigger that after being revived by the Egg, if the Phoenix dies again and transform into the Egg, the Egg will have less HP than before. So how can I make the event for that trigger?

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Okay. I make a very high level Phoenix with lots of hit point (and so does its egg). I make sure that u cannot kill the egg in 1 revive time so u need to kill and kill it again. Each time the phoenix revived, I want to store the current HP of the Egg so that next time the phoenix dies and transform into the Egg, the Egg wont have full HP but instead the stored HP.

Level 33
The reduction of Max HP occurs to both unit (Phoenix and the Egg) ?

Also, can you tell me what's the Event when the Phoenix enters the map ?
It is summoned just like Blood Mage's spell ?

I need to know the Event for it to get registered.

Here's a test map so far, it reduces the Phoenix AND the Egg by 10 per resurrection.

Attachments

• Phoenix Reduce HP.w3x
    12.6 KB · Views: 34

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Nope. It is placed in the map at the start and not by summons. And if possible, yes, the reduction of Max HP occurs to both of them.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Hmm. It's not really what I want :D. More detail by giving an example: :D
Ex: I and my friends kill the Phoenix (100000hp) the 1st time, it turns to Egg with 1000hp, we cannot kill the egg at that time but reduce its hp to 250. After that, the egg turns into the Phoenix with its hit point now is (100000/1000x250=25000hp). And we kill it the 2nd time and it turn into the egg with starting 250hp. And so on until we can kill the egg.
P/S: And by the way, can u post the triggers instead of the test map? My computer is so damn weak that it took me 5 minutes to completely load the test map in WE. ==

Level 33
What do you meant by "we cannot kill the egg at that time" ?
Is it Invulnerable ?
Is it too strong ? (but 250 HP is low @@")

Or you wanted to say that the minimum amount of HP of the egg will always be 250 ?
It will never drop below that ?

And how can we actually kill the egg ?

I provided you a test map because there are hidden settings in the Object Editor in which you might not see through triggers.
Although I can express it via texts but I'm so lazy :p and hard to understand.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Oh man. :)). I just giving an example, u know.
We cannot kill the egg at that time = We cannot deal enough amount of damage to it at the end of its duration so it transform back to the Phoenix. But we manage to makes it hp drops to 250.
After that, if normally without trigger, the Phoenix will come back alive with 100000hp but I dont want that. I want it to come back with equal percentage of life like the Egg when it is revived (25000hp). (since 250/1000=25% so 25% of 100000 is 25000).
And after we kill that Phoenix the 2nd time, the Egg will replace the Phoenix but its hp will be 250 instead of 1000.
This is just an example so u dont need to consider it as gameplay.
In my map, the Egg's hp is 10000, not 1000 :D.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
ehh ==. Just post the triggers instead of texts :D. But thks. I'll check it later. Should get some sleep. 8 hours on the computer so far. ==

nGy

nGy

Level 11
Isn't this really simple or am I just missing something? :p
Do as DivineLight previously said:
When the phoenix dies create an egg and add an expiration timer to it.
When the egg dies create a phoenix if the killing unit == null.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Well, I think I can solve the problem now with defskull's trigger. Just tweak it a little bit. Btw, defskull, why do u use "Wait 0.00 seconds"?

That is to delay some actions abit. Example when you use damage detection, you delay it for the actions to be accomplished after the damage is dealt. Another example, when a hero levels up, it takes a 0.00 second wait in order for the unused stats to appear, so not using it will make you unable to assign skills via trigger.

Level 33
As mentioned by Wrathion, some actions happen too fast causing the trigger to do action before it actually happens.

Take this case for example, morphing Phoenix to Egg.
It's not an instant action, therefore a wait of 0.00 is needed for it to wait or delay the process for the Phoenix to turn into Egg.

If I remove it, the action would be done onto the Phoenix - not the Egg.

Now, why do I use 0.50 second Wait, then ?

Ahhh, I just found out that the transition time from Phoenix -> Egg and Egg -> Phoenix, was different.

That is why it has a different wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.