• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Phoenix Egg Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, I've been working on this one for a little while and am sufficiently annoyed over it. This is more of an object editor ability problem then a trigger one but here goes:

I am trying to create an ability which creates an egg of the same type as a phoenix egg. When u click on the created egg u can see the bar counting down towards a phoenix being reborn. But rather than a phoenix being born from this egg I am trying to get a ghoul to be born. However, I want the born ghoul to be a generic one, not a phoenix type ghoul in which it will turn back into an egg when killed.

I know this is possible and I suspect it may involve some simple combination of several edited units/abilities (phoenix, phoenix morphing, etc.) and triggers. But at this moment the exact nature of that combination eludes me entirely.

Can any of you guys help me out here?

Level 7
Nogusta said:
Hey guys, I've been working on this one for a little while and am sufficiently annoyed over it. This is more of an object editor ability problem then a trigger one but here goes:

I am trying to create an ability which creates an egg of the same type as a phoenix egg. When u click on the created egg u can see the bar counting down towards a phoenix being reborn. But rather than a phoenix being born from this egg I am trying to get a ghoul to be born. However, I want the born ghoul to be a generic one, not a phoenix type ghoul in which it will turn back into an egg when killed.

I know this is possible and I suspect it may involve some simple combination of several edited units/abilities (phoenix, phoenix morphing, etc.) and triggers. But at this moment the exact nature of that combination eludes me entirely.

Can any of you guys help me out here?

i've never used phoenix eggs, i don't know if u can just create one with triggers or not, but once u have the egg just -replace unit- the pheonix when it comes into play with a regular ghoul

Level 5
If you don't want to use triggers: You would need to make 2 diffrent ghouls one with the ability and one with out. Then change the egg ability so that the ghoul with out the egg ability will be born for the egg. I think that will work, like raptor-- i have never realy played around with the egg ability.

Level 5
to me i think do it with trigger,, like estimate the time that the egg reborn,, and then in the trigger set the wait time the same of the egg,, then remove the unit and replace with ghoul at possition of last remove unit.
hmmm i think this the only wait to make it better. in the trigger funtion there is wait for summoning unit time and etc like that,,

Level 6
Hi

Without actually trying it in game...

Create a new custom unit, based on the Phoenix Egg. Name it Ghoul Egg, and set the model to Egg Sack, and Icon to Thunder Phoenix Egg.

Go to Abilites and create a new custom ability (i always create new ones rahter than editing standard stuff) based on the ability Phoenix Morphing [Egg Related]... or some such... its in the standard human abilities... Name this Ghoul Spawn. Down in the data section there'll be a section called alternate form unit and (i think) stand form unit. Set the one with value Phoenix egg to Ghoul Egg, and the one with value Phoenix to Ghoul. Umm.

And then its a simple matter of creating an item which summons a Ghoul Egg near your hero.

That might work

Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.