• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] ?UnitHasAbility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
JASS:
native GetUnitAbilityLevel takes unit whichUnit, integer abilcode returns integer

If the unit has the ability, added by triggers or in the object editor, visible on the command card or not, this will return the level of that ability which the unit has. Otherwise, it will return 0.

Level 10
hmm i guess a native is better than bj's thanks ^^
btw since im really experienced in gui i really want to learn some jass, i mean functions make life easier, any REAL tutorial you guys reccommend about functions? >>
il give you +rep since your native is better than my use of bj's.

Level 19
you jass ? xD
well Im glad you find the "true path"
btw you can report your post with
report.gif

with a deleting request

Level 10
Purple poot, i know how to do easy level comparisons in gui...
besides converting it would mostly result in bjs which i dont want..
please dont judge me the wrong way since im not new to mapmaking in gui..
And you cant compare spell levels when in gui unless ur using ability id's.. for ex, locust or replica of locust..

im saying this because i starting mapmaking with gui some time ago so dont get the wrong idea..

Need_O2:
well jass is still a long path for me since im really used to gui but its much more easier to use when you get used to it i guess ^^

Last edited:
why use JASSCraft when we have TESH in the newest NewGen? ;P (NewGen link in my sig)

If you don't know too much about JASS, NewGen is probably going to be extremely confusing unless you know C++ because they have similar content.

But yea, TESH and NewGen is good. If you want to do some quick JASS, it isn't really fun to open up your folders, hook-up TESH and wait for NewGen to open. ;P

Level 40
Haven't tested it myself, but also apparently the searcher for NewGen isn't complete (aka it's missing some stuff). Also, as far as I know (I never saw differently), it doesn't show you the contents of the functions.

But yeah, if you're scripting sans WE (or if you don't have wc3 on that computer) JC is nice to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.