• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit using only 1 animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the remove animation tag, but didn't work.

• Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Paladin
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetAttacker(), 5)
          • Animation - Queue (Attacking unit)'s stand ready animation
        • Else - Actions
I don't know if you can get attack 1,2 to really being played without the custom script.

Level 19
Ok, go to "Tools" section of the site and download "Warcraft 3 Model Editor"
Install/Extract it, go to your Warcraft 3 folder and open the war3.mpq file with the editor (right-click the file and then click "Open with War3 Model Editor"), find the unit .mdx file you want to remove the animation and export (right-click on the file "Export as..."), now procced to the exported file and open it with War3 Model Editor (double click it), while in the editor, click "Windows -> Sequence Menager", find the animation you want to remove, right click on it and click "Remove", then save the file, import it into the map you want - you are done.

Level 8
Take "Orb of Corruption Item ability" from abilities, remove all data and effects including buff placed effects (SFX) (change ability duration thing to 0.01 not 0; or it will casue some problems) Set "Used attack index" to something different from "both" option. Now give this "ghost" ability to hero with "Unit - Add ability" trigger. (keep it as item ability, don't convert to hero ability though) Now it should take no space in hero command interface and work as the way you want. If it is about other animations rather than attack; there is a trigger named "Animation - Play Unit Animation (Specify Rarity)" for that purpose. Mess with that a little and you should be able to get what you want. If that doen't help; i think the only other option would be finding a model editor software; exporting the model, removing the desired animations from model and saving the file; re-importing it to the map as a new model.
Sorry, i sort of wrote all this in a hurry, i hope it does help a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.