• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a unit play only 1 "stand" animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Safest is to remove the animations via model editing.

You could also run timers with the length of the stand animation and play it with SetUnitAnimationByIndex repeatedly if the unit has currently no order. But this might lead to visual glitches depending on your map.

Level 12
Ok, so I loaded the Archer model, deleted 4 Stand animations, only 1 stand animation is left. Now I have to import the mdx in the WE to use it in my map?

The reason I wanted to remove the animation(s) is to remove the strains that happen when there are 100 of the same units at one place. Won't this importing of these 100 new models negate that goal

Level 17
First, yes now you have to import the MDX into WE.
Second, let me get this straight: You thought that if you place 100 units that have only 1 stand animation if would not put so much strain on the computer as if you had 100 units with more stand animations ? If so, it doesn't matter really.

Status
Not open for further replies.