• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Animations, experiments, and various questions. (+rep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Basicly I've been having strong animation problems. I've been trying to replicate orgrimmar recently, and I'm making the map more dynamic by making units animate.

Basicly, here are my problems:

1. I tried to animate a peon with the talk-gesture animation using the animation-play unit's *insert* animation. I tried all sorts of tags, such as stand talk gesture, talk, talk gesture, stand talk, NONE work. I don't need it on any events, just on map initialization, peons play the talk gesture animation.

2. I tried giving the peasant his attack -2 animation. After 30 minutes of attempts of all sorts, the best result I got was playing the animation ONCE then stopping fully. I need help not only playing this animation, but looping too.

3. I made an experiment after I realised the peasant's attack animations don't play. All his others work, even the decay one, but with the same trigger the attack one, and the -2 one doesn't. I tried with every human unit, none play the attack animation. What's up with that? Is there a certain script for animating attack animations?

I beg you, help me out, I've been having these problems for such a long time I'm raging every minute :ogre_rage:

+rep will be given to those that help me :thumbs_up:

Use SetUnitAnimationByIndex(whichunit, index). If you are not familiar with this function, it is used to call any animation the model has; example of usage:
  • Set Unit1 = Peon 0001 <gen>
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (udg_Unit1, 2)
Change "2" to the number of the desired animation. Each animation is linked to a number, starting from 0. If a unit has seven animations in general, they will vary from 0 to 6.

Attack - 2 animation: looping as in a cinematic or constantly attack with Attack - 2 animation?

Level 26
Since Pharaoh_ already told the main idea, I'll elaborate subject a bit to make it cleared for you.
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (udg_Unit1, AnimNumber)
requires two variables, unit and integer, where integer refers to given animation number.

If you dont know the numbers of animation use this:
  • init
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (udg_Unit1, i)
      • Game - Display to (All players) message (String(i))
      • Set i = (i + 1)
'i' - is an integer variable, and with its help you can check which number refers to Attack 2 animation.

Now, you should know which function needs to be used and animating units shouldn't be a problem for you anymore.
For looping use:
  • init
    • Events
      • Time - Every X seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Where X is the duration of given animation. You can check it in world editor or model editor, after all you can always leave that and just enter period between 1-2 seconds

Level 3
Since Pharaoh_ already told the main idea, I'll elaborate subject a bit to make it cleared for you.
requires two variables, unit and integer, where integer refers to given animation number.

If you dont know the numbers of animation use this:
  • init
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (udg_Unit1, i)
      • Game - Display to (All players) message (String(i))
      • Set i = (i + 1)
'i' - is an integer variable, and with its help you can check which number refers to Attack 2 animation.

Now, you should know which function needs to be used and animating units shouldn't be a problem for you anymore.
For looping use:
  • init
    • Events
      • Time - Every X seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Where X is the duration of given animation. You can check it in world editor or model editor, after all you can always leave that and just enter period between 1-2 seconds

See, that was something I really wish I knew :vw_wtf:

+rep to both, thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.