• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi again

just a q about animations. During a cinematic, I want a unit to play it's attack 2 animation for example. But once in game instead of playing that exact animation, it plays randomly one of its attack animations, and not always the one I wanted.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to make a unit play an exact animation? (eg stand 2, or attack second etc... and not have it randomly pick an animation in its different types of stand or attack anims)

Level 6
well i looked in units and it's not there so it's probably in animation. But my problem is that if i do the trigger "animation: play's unit's attack2 " It will randomly play one of the different attack animations the units has and not specifically the one i choose.

Level 11
Ive been in there quite a lot lately... some of those people are real jerks anyways, I will say no more on the matter as it would probably mean the closing of this thread (if the conversation goes off-topic).

Still I think it would be a good place to ask,

Level 19
wait ...
its "Attack - 2" for footman
it depends on the model you use
Check the sequence name in WE

and... you are the only one

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Your thread is getting moved to Cinematics, where cinematic questions belong.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=268"]
cinematics.gif
»»» Cinematics
[/self]
Need any help with cinematics? Discuss cinematic ideas and show us your cinematic skills in this board.
~Thread Moved

Level 5
When there are only two variations of an animation...

In some cases a simple GUI should help:
  • Animation - Play Knight 0001 <gen>'s attack animation, using only Rare animations
It shall play Attack - 2 of the Knight. Using Common animations would result in playing only Attack - 1 and never Attack - 2.

Level 7
In the preview window, on the left side of the editor, there is a preview of the selected unit with a preview of their animations, and the names of their animations. You can use those in the Animation trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.