• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does anyone know what to put for the animation name in the "Animation - Play" trigger to use the animations that are named something like "stand - 4" or "spell - 2"? I've already tried just punching in the animations name with the hyphen and the number, it didnt do squat -.-'

EDIT: Just for the record, I'm not a noob, I just haven't had to toy with the animations much.

Level 10
Almost 100% positive WE doesnt use animation indexs. As in if you type in
Play units stand animation
It will play its stand animation, but if you type in
Play units stand - 1 animation
It will either play its normal stand animation or not to anything at all.
(Note some animation names: Spell, channel, slam, attack, victory, stand, death. Not sure if thats all, and not all units have all of them)

Level 4
Virtualism in animation triggers is not possible. Even if there is a "stand 4".

And note that there is no "spell 2". Instead, there is spell slam, spell channel spell crawl, stand channel, and stand victory.

Level 4
Thanks for the tips guys. Btw Nika, in some custom models there are animations such as spell 2. I have a model of Kakashi that has animations named as such and I was hoping to make it use specific ones for certain spells. Having him run in place for 2 seconds when casting a spell doesnt look too intelligent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.