• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I really hope they are attachments, I'd like to give the shield and wings to a Zealot and make it fly and shield bash and slice and dice enemies in the sky... ah one can always dream.

Level 24
In the first Starcraft, there is absolutely NO AI that cannot be killed by throwing large numbers of upgraded zerglings in its direction. They're small, so they can surround things very easily, and they hit FAST. A fully-upgraded zergling does 8 a hit, which ends up as 9 zlings to instant-kill an HP-upgraded marine. And they hit FAST.

Level 4
@Teh Ephy

Each basic combat unit of the 3 races, when all fully upgraded: zerglings do the most DPS at 40 dps. They attacked about 5 times per second. 2 zerglings could kill a zealot single handedly. 2, since you spawn 2 per as well :). The only thing that could stop them were Archons and High Templars, or if an Overlord is not near, DTs too cuz they OHKO zerglings.

attachments are beautiful. Especially that uberlisk. They pretty much made it 10x easier to do what the big starcraft mod projects did(the ones with the modded units and stuff.). I can see it now. Someone making an Infested Mothership unit. A Thor that passively shoots out 20 rockets per second at nearby foes, as well as having the Colossus's ability to walk over high elevation. or a zergling that fires Nuclear Strikes as its attack.

lings that could jump DOWN walls wouldnt be particularly overpowered, although going up would most definently render choke points usless against them.

Although lings do the most dps, for there price, they also have an extreemly hitpoint value, and can get slaughtered by any kind of splash.

It might also be interesting if they lept rather than ran.

It would be interesting if units like Zerglings and Reapers, could infact become flying units, for a short time, essentially taking to the air, and being targeted as an arial unit...
I mean zerglings would be the ultimate arial swarm XD
They would really have to nerf how it would look though (they would have to swarm like carriers) and limit the number of lings that can be locked on a single target

Status
Not open for further replies.