1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unique revive system

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Paulus, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I made this revive system that needs fellow heros to revive each other. Let me explain it.
    When a hero dies, a grave(unit) is made on the location of the dying hero.
    When a grave dies, the hero is revived on the location of the dying grave.
    This grave is a unit targeted as a structure and has 100% evasion and 10hp. So attacking does not kill it. Only spells kill the grave.
    Every hero has a drain life spell, that targets friendly structures. It drains 1hp per sec. Thus, reviving a fellow hero should take 1 hero 10 seconds (some longer because the spell "life drain" has a delay of 1 sec), 5 seconds with 2 heros and 4 seconds with 3 heros. It is channeling and has 15 sec cooldown.
    I like this system because it creates some scenarios when you have to leave you fellow hero in its grave and wait for a better opportunity. For example when a boss is about to stun or deal a massive damage in a area. Also, when a hero is stunned, the revive spell is broken. Now the hero need to survive for the cooldown duration and start again the revive spell.
    I also like this more then a revive timer, because there is actually a chance that all hero's die and the game is lost. Making it more difficult, thus interesting.

Trigger for creating the grave
    • Alchemist Grave
      • Events
        • Unit - Alchemist 0005 <gen> Dies
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Grave (alchemist) for Neutral Passive at (Position of Alchemist 0005 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees

Trigger for reviving Alchemist
    • Alchemist Revive
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Dies
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Grave (alchemist)
      • Actions
        • Hero - Instantly revive Alchemist 0005 <gen> at (Position of (Dying unit)), Show revival graphics
        • Unit - Remove (Dying unit) from the game

Why am i posting this?
    First, i want to share this unique system. I have never seen this in warcraft maps, and i have played alot years ago.
    Second, i like to have reviews on it so i can chance stuff.

2 questions are:
    a. How do i change that green drain life spash above the hero's heads.
    b. How do i make a hero revive with 65% hp instead of 100%.

Attached Files:

2. deathismyfriend

deathismyfriend

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you are trying to submit this as a resource you are in the wrong Forum. You should be in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php?status=g Forum.

As a system this would never pass. It is way too simple. You also leak locations.Don't use dying unit use triggering unit.

3. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's an object editor field - "Art - Lightning Effects"

In your Alchemist Revive trigger do:

Unit - Set Life (Percentage)

4. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    @deathismyfriend
    Thx for advise. I made this before i became a member and in my simple rpg map it works propperly. But now i know alot more about triggers and stuff. I will (try) to fix the leaking and stuff.
    This is not a resource (yet). You could see it as a system in alpha.

@cokemonkey11
    A: i think i removed everyting there, but the green still shows. I will make a screenshot of it.
    B: im dumb, haha it's easy.
    Thx monkey

5. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty sure you can change the health revived to in Advanced - Constant or in the Object Editor, pretty sure there is a health percentage when revived there too.

6. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bot are MUI and equally fast. There is no difference so one can use which ever he likes.