• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique revive system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I made this revive system that needs fellow heros to revive each other. Let me explain it.
When a hero dies, a grave(unit) is made on the location of the dying hero.
When a grave dies, the hero is revived on the location of the dying grave.
This grave is a unit targeted as a structure and has 100% evasion and 10hp. So attacking does not kill it. Only spells kill the grave.
Every hero has a drain life spell, that targets friendly structures. It drains 1hp per sec. Thus, reviving a fellow hero should take 1 hero 10 seconds (some longer because the spell "life drain" has a delay of 1 sec), 5 seconds with 2 heros and 4 seconds with 3 heros. It is channeling and has 15 sec cooldown.
I like this system because it creates some scenarios when you have to leave you fellow hero in its grave and wait for a better opportunity. For example when a boss is about to stun or deal a massive damage in a area. Also, when a hero is stunned, the revive spell is broken. Now the hero need to survive for the cooldown duration and start again the revive spell.
I also like this more then a revive timer, because there is actually a chance that all hero's die and the game is lost. Making it more difficult, thus interesting.

• Alchemist Grave
    • Events
      • Unit - Alchemist 0005 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Grave (alchemist) for Neutral Passive at (Position of Alchemist 0005 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees

• Alchemist Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Grave (alchemist)
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive Alchemist 0005 <gen> at (Position of (Dying unit)), Show revival graphics
      • Unit - Remove (Dying unit) from the game
Why am i posting this?
First, i want to share this unique system. I have never seen this in warcraft maps, and i have played alot years ago.
Second, i like to have reviews on it so i can chance stuff.

2 questions are:
a. How do i change that green drain life spash above the hero's heads.
b. How do i make a hero revive with 65% hp instead of 100%.

Attachments

• Revive mechanism.png
    Revive mechanism.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
Level 6
@deathismyfriend
Thx for advise. I made this before i became a member and in my simple rpg map it works propperly. But now i know alot more about triggers and stuff. I will (try) to fix the leaking and stuff.
This is not a resource (yet). You could see it as a system in alpha.

@cokemonkey11
A: i think i removed everyting there, but the green still shows. I will make a screenshot of it.
B: im dumb, haha it's easy.
Thx monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.