• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unfinished project: Unknown Rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Unknown RPG

Some Info

So hi folks! I'm decide to end my work with world editor. So before I leave I want to give my best project I started. I know there's A LOT of rpgs in hive, but I think this one is different. I had put lots of effort in it all my programming, 3d artist and 2d artist skill. That's why I hope some one talented will finish this project.

As u see it still has no name... :)

System Features

-Full screen inventory system
-Merchant system
-Item loot system
-Custom leveling system
-Agrro system (unfinished)
-Custom attack system (unfinished)
-Channeling system
-Damage system
-Unit index system
-Quest system
-Ability learning system
-Stats system
-Hero(unit) system with some inerface
-Buff, debuff, poison systems
-Attachment, skin systems
-Combat System
-Health potion system (unfinished)
-Inventory as menu system

Also cantains few spell templates, starter zones, few armors, creeps and quests.

Visaul Features

-Custom UI
-Custom Inventory UI
-Custom icon style
-Armor visible on equip
-Puts weapon on back after combat

Screen shots

hxwg.jpg

fjeu.jpg

esvy.jpg

ga1k.jpg

7qn3.jpg

mu9k.jpg

pdqz.jpg

8ibn.jpg

clv9.jpg

12mh.jpg

4aes.jpg

Okey I give u this project map + with resources.

CREDITS ARE NOT NEEDED

Attachments

• Kings Rpg.rar
    30.9 MB · Views: 211
Level 19
Looks nice, still it is very hard to take over a completly foreign coding style.
I for one couldn't continue with someones else work (except snippets, in general resources from the jass section).
Most likely because of the standarts of quality one has. Not to mention, that some like to keep there resources flexible,
while others narrow them down to the excact purpose in their map.
I favor the first as systems tend to change while the map is developing.

Anyways thank you, I hope someone can continue your work. After all the pictures look promising.

Level 14
Hm i played the map and i have to say, you put a lot of work in it :>

Its not the content, the storyline is short and creeps are way to weak, but the way stuff works is very smooth and just looks good. Too bad you cancel this.

But the textures and models are really good! I probably can use some of them ;)

Level 10
Ty for your all feedback :)

Looks nice, still it is very hard to take over a completly foreign coding style.
I for one couldn't continue with someones else work (except snippets, in general resources from the jass section).
Most likely because of the standarts of quality one has. Not to mention, that some like to keep there resources flexible,
while others narrow them down to the excact purpose in their map.
I favor the first as systems tend to change while the map is developing.

Anyways thank you, I hope someone can continue your work. After all the pictures look promising.

Yea I agree, but almost all of my systems are easy usable, I think hardest part for other programmer would be to add some more features to it.
For example, to add new quest only takes one line (in QUEST DATA trigger):
Code:
local string text = ""
local string icon = ""

text = "DIALOG"
icon = "QUEST ICON"
CreateQuests(QUEST GIVER ,QUEST RECIVER,OBJECT COUNT,QUEST DIFFICULTY,"QUEST NAME",icon,text,"OBJECT;","","","")

Boar Quest exmaple
local string text = ""
local string icon = ""

text = "Ahh-h! I'm tired of killing those boars, could you kill few of them for me."
icon = "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNQuillBeast.blp" CreateQuests(gg_unit_h00H_0034,gg_unit_h00H_0034,3,EASY,"Boars",icon,text,"KILL_Boar-8;","","","")

KILL_Boar-8, I think this part is can most uncertain.
KILL_ - shows that this part needs to kill unit.
COLL_ - show that this part needs to interact with unit.
Board - Creep name or object name (depends what is written before it for example KILL_Boar, means u need to kill creep with name Board)
- - space.
8 - number of object.

In addition, same creation concept goes not only for quests, but for LOOT TABLE, ITEMS, CREEPS, HERO, BUFFS.

Honestly this rpg allmost has all rpg needed system, all u need is to create quests as u saw before its VERY VERY easy, armors, creeps.. :)

Any way I think u wonder why I don't finish it myself. Answer is quite simple, This year I'm going to finish school so there's no more time to waste if I want to became game programmer, I can't just sit with wc3 for ever.

By the way map requires Jassnewgen, jassHelper and cjass or vjass can't really remember :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.