• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expanding User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, in my searches for a way to do something, I came across TriggerHappy's Inventory & Equipment system, which uses his UI system.

I wanted to use this system, but I felt that the inability to zoom or move the camera as long as the UI was present would annoy the players.

While I understand most of what's going on and how it works, I don't have much JASS experience and I was hoping there was someone out there who is also interested in expanding this project - with me, alone, or just mentoring me as I try to figure some thing out myself.

I assume that zooming, for example, would change the size of the dummies used for the UI, and therefor would require that these dummies will change size with the camera. I know how to hook changes to the camera, but changing the size of a unit to match the camera is a bit beyond my expertise atm...

There are also a few fixes needed in my opinion - it seems the number of inventory rows actually affects the number of columns and vice versa. The text isn't correctly aligned (Blizzard and their patches...), some parameters should be turned into functions of other parameters (for example, messing with the number of rows/columns in the inventory doesn't change the size of the window containing the slots...) etc.

All in all, I think this is an excellent system and if we iron out the details and document it a little more, we would make a lot of people happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.