• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underwater Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[RAINBOW]Help please,[/RAINBOW]

I want that if i use a skill (Dive) that he goes to the other region but on the same point.
Like: He's in the left upper corner of the left region and he cast a spell, then he's at the other region at the left upper corner of the right region.

i've got a pic but dunno how to post :hohum:

x3m

x3m

Level 3
Manage attachments to add pic et.c... Correct me if i'm wrong. You have 2 regions. So if he dives at (6,15) at region one he will undive at (6,15) region 2?

Level 35
Manage attachments to add pic et.c... Correct me if i'm wrong. You have 2 regions. So if he dives at (6,15) at region one he will undive at (6,15) region 2?

or use an image hosting site

Anyway the easy way would be just to make lots of small regions and let a trigger find out what region he is in a move him to its twin on the other site...

Else you proably will need to do it with JASS, as I doubt that GIU got a solutions for this without doing as I mentioned

Level 3
or use an image hosting site

Anyway the easy way would be just to make lots of small regions and let a trigger find out what region he is in a move him to its twin on the other site...

Else you proably will need to do it with JASS, as I doubt that GIU got a solutions for this without doing as I mentioned

Yeah that could be an option but...
Is there a Trigger to do it better?
Because i have to make a HUGE region:eekani:

Level 35
As said I don't know it in GUI except for what I already suggested, and I am just started using JASS. So can't say if there is a solution in JASS or not.

Anyway the map consist of zones so you might be able to do it by moving him in the y x directions, but that will reguire some really heavy testing for each trigger, to see if the x and y values is correct. But that way you would only need to find out the x and y values needed to move from point A to B.

Level 2
OK, place your reagons parallel to one an other(on the X axis pertaining my example), get the distance between the centers of both reagons(lets say its 512). When a unit uses a skill just say

call SetUnitX(GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()) + 512)

This will move the unit 512 to the right and over into the second "underwater" reagon in the same position assuming the terrain is the exact same for both reagons and when you want to move it back just go

call SetUnitX(GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()) - 512)

Hope this helps

Edit* If the reagons are the same size and terrain you should be able to have them unparrallel as long as you have the distance between their centers.

Level 3
Thanks i'll try.

But, what is JASS? I've never worked with that...

EDIT: Euhhm... i can't find that trigger... can you post screenshot of it?

Last edited:
Level 35
Thanks i'll try.

But, what is JASS? I've never worked with that...

EDIT: Euhhm... i can't find that trigger... can you post screenshot of it?

JASS is the raw code, which GUI is just a userfriendly conversion of.

So In JASS you can do so much more, and many pro JASS'ers actualy finds it more easy then GUI

Oh and I better say that you just need to use custom script to implant in the trigger section, there is an option for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.