• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underground troubles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Alright. If you were looking for beautiful, underground terrain, then you have not come to the right place.

I'm creating a map, long story short, you have a base on an alien world, in the middle of these weird mountains.

The first four pictures are of the surface. My main problem isn't here, although I am aware that it's still quite bare, and any suggestions for the surface will be welcomed. With cookies. Yes, cookies.

The last picture, however, is what progress I've made with the underground. Yeah, it's that bad. I have no idea what to do. Anyone got a suggestion on how to make a nice underground?

Keep in mind, that this map must be functional, so obstructional terrain just won't do. I want to give the player an 'underground' feeling - I want them to look at it, and go: "oh, yeah, we're underground, and it's dark and creepy". Furthermore, the underground should be able to make an easy transition to straight Blizzard cliffs (ie. underground base entrance).

Also, any advice on how to make the underground seem dark would be welcome.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Level 8
I was complementing using them. However, the current tileset is Cityscape (because I need the straight cliff) - and, well, the dirt cliff isn't exactly what I need.

I'd assume there would be some way to turn that dirt cliff into a different tileset's cliff, but I don't know how.

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.