• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First terrain using UTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could tell me what to improve,
I just started using utm and IMO the trees look a bit unrealistic. Any ideas why or what to change to make it look more realistic :D?

And it feels so empty :( What props should I add?

Also: I know the blizzard cliffs look ugly but I don't want to create a raised cliff because that will make the fortress walls look strange :(

2w6hw13.png
edit: btw this is going to be a playable map, not just for the looks :)

The gray tiles in the back behind te gate means it's still in progress, I'm going to create a underground ruin there. In the game you can enter the underground ruins by moving into the temple :D

Does anyone know tutorials for creating underground ruins? I really have no idea how I can start a terrain like that :p

av4prs.png

a few questions: does fog and sky do anything in-game?

Last edited:
Level 18
Looks quite nice, but some rocks added to the grass would be nice indeed.
You might want to add something interesting to the corner areas and the water to make it look more interesting.

Are you sure you don't have fog disabled at View? I don't have a lot of experience with UTM. :p

Level 14
Looks quite nice, but some rocks added to the grass would be nice indeed.
You might want to add something interesting to the corner areas and the water to make it look more interesting.

Are you sure you don't have fog disabled at View? I don't have a lot of experience with UTM. :p

ow y thanks I forgot about the view, just a sec I'll update it soon :)

Level 5
I kinda like it, but it is very simple to be something very good. I mean, you could have added many stuff in there. Also, when you print screen, switch to game view so that these purple special effect cubes aren`t visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.