• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undergound Temple

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Sylvie Presents

Underground Temple
Created by Sylvie

Map Info

Just a simple Melee map that I made, this is the first of many more (hopefully).
All feedback is welcome!

Features

-1484 Doodads
-8 Gold Mines
-8 Green Creeps camps
-8 Orange Creeps camps
-1 Red Creeps camp

Screenshot

Image Description:
Overview

242466-albums7944-picture94437.png

Change Log

-Uploaded the map

-Add doodads
-Changed tileset
-Add creeps
-Changed game type

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Underground, Temple, Golem, Ghost, Blue, Water, Skull, Sylvie.
Contents

Undergound Temple (Map)

Reviews
23:50, 7th Feb 2015 Orcnet: We await further updates, please read Mythic's review

M

23:50, 7th Feb 2015
Orcnet:

We await further updates, please read Mythic's review

Level 9
Compared to your template map this is just terrible.
Usage of tiles is lacking.
Too much flatness.
Also it could use more doodads.
And the camp with the Skeletons is in so open area. Put some doodads near them like pile of skulls or impaled corpse.
Right now i would say 1/5 and it needs alot of improvement.

Level 21
This is a very poor melee map for multiple reasons:

1- The terrain is too cheap. It's completely flat and mono-tiled in the starting areas. Using more tiles and some raising/lowerings will be surely better. A lack of doodads is also another reason for your cheap terrain
2- The expansion gold mines are placed in terrible locations. They are too restricted to build an expansion base and surely too vulnerable to enemy units. I mean, the enemy can directly access to the expansion base with extreme ease
3- The Goblin Merchant is unguarded?? Probably you did that because it is too near to the starting locations but in all cases, Neutral Passive buildings (Tavern excluded) must be guarded by some creeps (except Way Gates, they are not mandatory)
4- The map is too boring to play (and that's what ruins everything about your map)
5- Map Type: Altered Melee?? Wasn't this a melee map?

This melee map is not good enough to get approved. I'll have to vote for rejection. Next time you make a melee map for 4 players, be sure there are much more creeps and that the expansion gold mines are not in restricted areas.

Level 11
Compared to your template map this is just terrible.
Usage of tiles is lacking.
Too much flatness.
Also it could use more doodads.
And the camp with the Skeletons is in so open area. Put some doodads near them like pile of skulls or impaled corpse.
Right now i would say 1/5 and it needs alot of improvement.

This is a very poor melee map for multiple reasons:

1- The terrain is too cheap. It's completely flat and mono-tiled in the starting areas. Using more tiles and some raising/lowerings will be surely better. A lack of doodads is also another reason for your cheap terrain
2- The expansion gold mines are placed in terrible locations. They are too restricted to build an expansion base and surely too vulnerable to enemy units. I mean, the enemy can directly access to the expansion base with extreme ease
3- The Goblin Merchant is unguarded?? Probably you did that because it is too near to the starting locations but in all cases, Neutral Passive buildings (Tavern excluded) must be guarded by some creeps (except Way Gates, they are not mandatory)
4- The map is too boring to play (and that's what ruins everything about your map)
5- Map Type: Altered Melee?? Wasn't this a melee map?

This melee map is not good enough to get approved. I'll have to vote for rejection. Next time you make a melee map for 4 players, be sure there are much more creeps and that the expansion gold mines are not in restricted areas.

Thanks for feedback. *updating*
--------------------------------------
Edit: Updated.

Last edited:
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Underground Temple
by Sylvie
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Bugs:

The starting bases have little space. And a building started in the wrong direction proves to be a handicap for the player - even before he's mustered any kind of troops, the creeps come in and waste his gold for such building. The expansions are the same, they can hardly be built on.

The lack of creeps in each player's area promotes aggressive gameplay into contested/opposing territory, yet the choke points can't contain outgoing armies. There is also a lack of trees - er, mushrooms. They won't last for a normal-length game.

7/20
Terrain & Aesthetics:

Tiles are patterned for the temple, but the cinematic blue fires don't really contribute to the 'temple' feel. Tile variation elsewhere is nice, but the land still feels devoid of doodads and decorations.

I do like the neatly placed doodads on the cliff edges of the fountain area, though.

10/20
Presentation:

There are typos, but the description is decent and contains needed info.

6/10

Total Score: 23/50​
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Keep in mind that these suggestions are optional; you may choose not to do them.
> Use <Random Type of a Level> instead of <Random Item of a Level>.
> Put four Goblin Merchants in the declaration of features.​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
23 / 10 = 2.3v = 2/5; Voting for Awaiting Update

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/
Alternate Map Submission Rules
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited: