• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead - Mangonel

Undead - Mangonel

The Mangonel of the Undead is a slightly newer addition to the Scourge's arsenal.
Throwing corpses charged with plague and dark magic from the meat wagons against the foe is effective
in sowing not only fear and terror, but also death and disease among the living.
It has also shown some value against wooden buildings and fortifications, but is less effective against stone walls.
Where these stand, the undead warriors of the Scourge will soon roll out their more suitable siege weapon:
The mangonel.
Loaded with magically burning rocks, this weapon is much more effective against stone fortifications.
During the Scourge's attacks on Stormwind and Orgrimmar, this weapon has shown the living in horror the destruction it is capable of.
Previews
Contents

Undead - Mangonel (Model)

Undead - Mangonel (Icons) (Icon)

Undead - Mangonel (Missile) (Model)

Undead - Mangonel (Portrait) (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works fine without any issues, although the projectile geoset can be disappeared a bit earlier. APPROVED.
Level 6
Crazy how detailed this model is. But I think, that these Mangonels fire blight, green like stuff...
Yeah, in WoW, these are used to launch barrels of Blight, not rocks. It'd be cool to have a variant like that.

Level 34
Yeah, in WoW, these are used to launch barrels of Blight, not rocks. It'd be cool to have a variant like that.
[...]
Crazy how detailed this model is. But I think, that these Mangonels fire blight, green like stuff...
Screenshot 2023-10-24 021032.png

I know. But I was inspired by this scene here. And we already have a plague spreader for the undead. 🙂

Level 6
Maybe some ranged forsaken unit like Forsaken Blightspreader will be nice ^^ We almost have full faction :D
A pic with the Blightspreader backpack and spray gun would be good as reference for that. Like this guy, for instance.

Last edited:
Level 3
A pic with the Blightspreader backpack and spray gun would be good as reference for that. Like this guy, for instance.
Yeah this one will be nice or maybe there is better option but I don't know what else forsaken can have on the place of the nerubian

Level 6
Yeah this one will be nice or maybe there is better option but I don't know what else forsaken can have on the place of the nerubian
A basic archer would be possible, but one thing I like about Warcraft is the uniqueness of every faction, so I prefer a blighter.

Level 3
A basic archer would be possible, but one thing I like about Warcraft is the uniqueness of every faction, so I prefer a blighter.
Yeah something unique will be better too many archers blighter is something that the other factions don't have ^^