• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mangonel

"A Mangonel is an immobile siege weapon, usually placed upon towers in order to provide protection against a siege, or in a distance from enemy walls in order to tear them down. It is operated by two men. The Catapult which is installed on the Mangonel is capable of launching big chunks of rock to long distances. Mangonels are definitely NOT well known for their accuracy."

I've got my inspiration from Stronghold(the old PC strategy game) and a bit from Olofmoleman's Trebuchet. I also used an illustration in my history book as a reference while shaping the mesh.
The portrait model("MangonelPortrait.mdx") is actually a fitting projectile\missile model.
I WILL make a team-colored version if I will get enough ideas as to where to place it... Any help is highly appreciated! Please write a comment if you have an idea as to where to place teamcolor.

Recommended Values(IMPORTANT: you must first set "Stats - Is a Building" to "True" before proceeding to setting the paths):

Art - Ground Texture: "Arcane Tower, Cannon Tower, Guard Tower, Farm, Scout Tower..."
Art - Icon - Game Interface: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMangonel.blp"(you must import the icon for this field to work, obviously)
Art - Model File - Extra Versions: "None"
Art - Projectile Impact - Z: 50.00
Art - Projectile Launch - Z: 163.75
Art - Selection Scale: 2.75
Art - Shadow Texture(Building): "Farm"
Art - Special: "Altar of Kings <Special>, Workshop <Special>, Arcane Sanctum <Special>..."
Combat - Acquistion Range: 800-1000(depending on range)
Combat - Attack 1 - Animated Backswing Point: 0.210
Combat - Attack 1 - Animated Damage Point: 0.210
Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect Targets: "Ground, Structure, Debris, Tree, Wall."
Combat - Attack 1 - Cooldown Time: 3.25
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Arc: 0.35
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Art: "war3mapImported\MangonelMissile.mdx"(you must import the missile model for this to work)
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Speed: 1000
Combat - Attack 1 - Range: 800-1000
Combat - Attack 1 - Targets Allowed: "Debris, Ground, Item, Structure, Tree, Wall, Ward."
Combat - Attack 1 - Weapon Type: "Artillery"
Combat - Minimum Attack Range: 300
Movement - Speed Base: 0
Movement - Turn Rate: 0.25
Pathing - Collision Size: 50
Pathing - Pathing Map: "Arcane Tower, Cannon Tower, Guard Tower, Farm, Scout Tower..."
Pathing - Placement Requires: "Buildable."
Sound - Construction: "BuildingConstructionLoop"(It is under "Ambient")
Sound - Movement: "CatapultMovement"
Sound - Unit Sound Set: "Catapult"
Text - Name: Mangonel
Text - Tooltip - Extended: Immobile siege weapon, effective against buildings and clusters of troops. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks ground units.|r

Please give me credits if you use this model in your project, do NOT redistribute this model and please ask me before editing this model.

Keywords:
Mangonel, Catapult, Trebuchet, Siege, Machine, War, Stronghold, Crusader, Rome, Greece, Medieval, Building, Structure, Unit, Rock, Stone, Rope, Ropes.
Contents

Mangonel (Model)

Assets
Reviews
20:48, 19th Apr 2010 DonDustin: very useful and well made. Oh and I also like the banner idea for adding tc. Rating will change after some additional improvements

M

20:48, 19th Apr 2010
DonDustin: very useful and well made. Oh and I also like the banner idea for adding tc.

Rating will change after some additional improvements

Level 7
'Engineers Ready Mi'lord'
'We'll try our best'
'Here Comes Besseh!'
Good ol' days, still play it to this very day, wasn't impressed by the ai on nombre 2 though, loved the engineers and being an 'opressive lord' with -6 on my fear factor and having max taxes, but 20 inns, :p.
'Its not like the good ol' days anymore, all i seem to do now is Work!'
'I'm a good worker aren't i sire, no need to put me in the stocks, eh!'