• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Unable to save on World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to save a map on WE but every time I click save, WE crashes. This map is from 2009 and I'm not sure what is causing the issue. I can't test the map either.

When I try to host the map on Wc3, I can't even get in the lobby. The game just takes me back the main menu

Level 20
If it takes you back to the main menu then try to use JNGP for saving maps that contains vJASS and other extensive features. The vanilla world editor will throw an error as it cant compile that language.

Level 4
@Chaosy -- Yes, I remember this being an issue as to why the game couldn't run back in day. I was hoping to fix that but I don't know how. Also, my wc3 is up to date, I believe. It's on 1.27.0.52240

@jakeZinc -- Is the solution to that patch (what chaosy said) to save it using JNGP?
Where can I download JNGP?

Level 20
I think I misunderstood your problem
( I thought you could actually open the map on the editor )

But atleast still a must have:
Jass New Gen Pack

Edit: The solution he said is that you must update your warcraft patch to the latest version which is 1.27 but I don't know if it will fix the old map that is being saved from the old patch.

Level 4
When I try to save in regular WE, WE crashes. However, I just tried it on JNGP and it gave me a compile error.
This error message might not make sense if you don't have the entire code but

Line 1313: Syntax Error, unexpected: "to"?
The line is
call MoveLightning(GetHandleLightning(t, "li"),GetHandleBoolean(t, "chkvis"),GetUnitX(from),GetUnitY(from),GetUnitX(to),getUnitY(to))

Edit: Still can't host it on wc3. I get the "FATAL ERROR!" error

Level 20
Just replace that line if you are surely have experience in coding or just delete the whole code or trigger. I've also have this problem before on an old map that contains lots of vJASS stuffs but anyway where did you get that GetHandleLightning func? Im not familliar with it.

Level 4
I'm not sure where it came from. I tried finding the line that gave me the error in the triggers but I couldn't find it. I didn't write the vJASS for this map

This is the error message I am getting:
upload_2016-8-19_16-42-17.png

I tried deleting all the triggers from the map and I still get the same message when I try to run the game. Maybe it's the version of wc3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
After you deleted all the triggers did the save work?
( ^ If save works but still you cant play the map then maybe it has something to do with the version )

It looks like the problem is not on the triggers and I cant help you in that case, hope for another member who have experienced in this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.