• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Unable to open (unprotected) map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have recently taken over the editing of the (very large) map: Lordaeron The Foremath.

However, we've run into problems. Whenever I try to open the map, I get a duo of Trigger Error messages, followed by a critical error of "not having enough memory to handle the aplication".

I've tried everything... Reinstalling Warcraft 3 to patch 1.27 (the one which Marshmalo, the previous editor, claims to have used), opening with Sharpcraft, opening with Newgen 2.0, opening with Newgen 5d, opening with regular editor...

The error messags I get are in the spoiler.

Error01.png
Error02.PNG
error03.PNG

And if you believe I'm trying to "hack" or "steal" the map, I have evidence here:

Pretty likely, Marshmalo (previous editor) added additional fuctions to world editor, the map expects your mpq to have and can't find them.

You need to ask Marshmalo for his modyfied triggerfiles and replace/inser missing into yours.
The Files:

UI\TriggerData.txt
UI\TriggerStrings.txt
UI\WorldEditStrings.txt
This seems like it does inform quite well about this subject Modding the WE: Trigger Editor.

Other option is upload the map in a new thread in the request forum asking to remove/replace all lines with this additional GUI Functions.

Level 5
Well after some trouble I found the proper txt files (for some reason my MPQ editor opened the War3Patch in a big mess of unnamed files, so I had to look through every damn text file in the archieve).

The issue is; I don't know what those trigger functions do. Or rather; I don't know how to imitate however he made them.
I've written to the Trigger Editor (Who wasn't Masrhmalo herself, but whatever) and to Marshmalo, hoping to find a copy of her TriggerData.txt and TriggerStrings.txt to import for my Warcraft.

I won't upload the map for editing, not even the helpful kind. Sadly a bunch of people try to hunt down "unprotected" versions of the map, with the purpose of adding cheat codes for their own use online.

Thanks for the reply however... Now I just keep my fingers crossed : /

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Likely made with JNGP and UMSWE active. The UMSWE tool added extra GUI actions and functions. I am not sure if SharpCraft editor supports this extended form of GUI. If the GUI extension is declared in separate files by JNGP then one might be able to force WC3 to use it by placing it at the appropriate override path in the install directory and then starting the editor, similar to how people disable hill height restrictions.
I won't upload the map for editing, not even the helpful kind. Sadly a bunch of people try to hunt down "unprotected" versions of the map, with the purpose of adding cheat codes for their own use online.
This can be done with a "protected" version of the map fairly easily. As long as WC3 can read the map, others can read and edit it.

Level 5
I managed a mishmash 'fix' for the issue. Even though opening it with JNPG (with UMSWE active) didn't work, I was able to copy-paste all the Trigger function and strings that the UMSWE plugs into the editor, and modify my own warcraft 3 installation with them.

Issue now is getting JNPG to work properly with every reinstall, as I keep running into "Could not redirect CreateFileA", and I find myself tip-toeing with Warcraft 3 updates and installations, as 90% of the time JNPG just won't function, and I have no idea what I did right/wrong when it works/malfunctions.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Issue now is getting JNPG to work properly with every reinstall, as I keep running into "Could not redirect CreateFileA", and I find myself tip-toeing with Warcraft 3 updates and installations, as 90% of the time JNPG just won't function, and I have no idea what I did right/wrong when it works/malfunctions.
JNGP was obsoleted by SharpCraft Editor which takes 10 seconds to setup and works with the newest WC3 version.

Level 5
Ugh; I now get 35000 compiling errors when I try to save the map. (That's not an overstatement; I litterally get 35000 compiling errors).

I would assume they're caused by the modifications I made to UI\TriggerData.txt and UI\TriggerStrings.txt. The issue is that, without them, both Sharpcraft and JNPG fail to load the map, claiming to be missing data for CreateTimer and IsUnitOwnedByPlayer functions.
It shouldn't be glitched out; I did only copy the functions declared in TriggerDataAddon and TriggerStringsAddon found in the UMSWE of JNPG (2.0).

Any way... Here are my UI files, as modified to allow me to open the map.

Should I just create a new thread for this issue?

-p.s. thx for all the help

Attachments

• TriggerData.txt
    481.6 KB · Views: 130
  • TriggerStrings.txt
    264.6 KB · Views: 109
Level 5
Well without seeing the errors we cannot possibly speculate as to their cause.
Yeah sorry, I know. I don't mean to question your ability or desire to help (because Hivers are usually very good with both) - I just wasn't sure how much it would really help you.
It's just that... when I said 35000 compiling errors...
Well look at the spoiler.

Cutout01.PNG

Cutout02.PNG

CutOut03.PNG

Cutout04.PNG

It also does this:
Cutout05.PNG

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Some of the GUI global variables are defined with an invalid type. For example the variable "RegionPosition" seems to have a type of 0 rather than region. As region is not a standard GUI type (what GUI calls region is actually rect) this means that the GUI modification is not being loaded/used properly.

Level 5
Some of the GUI global variables are defined with an invalid type. For example the variable "RegionPosition" seems to have a type of 0 rather than region. As region is not a standard GUI type (what GUI calls region is actually rect) this means that the GUI modification is not being loaded/used properly.

Well, as it happens I couldn't save any map with those txt's in my UI folder. I simply copy+pasted the additional Trigger scripts from the UMSWE addons into my own TriggerData and TriggerStrings, and while the editor opens (and occasionally) saves succesfully, the script is clearly bonkers.

Any way; I tried updating Warcraft and getting rid of them.
The issue then being that I'm back to my original problem of the Lordaeron The Foremath map saying I'm missing the CreateTimer and IsUnitOwnedByPlayer functions - and it then gives a memory error and closes the editor.

I tried looking through the TriggerData.txt, and I'm looking for stuff I copied from the UMSWE
Code:
//TriggerTypeDefaults
multiboard=CreateMultiboard(),WESTRING_TRIGDEFAULT_MULTIBOARD
region=CreateRegion(),WESTRING_TRIGDEFAULT_REGION
trigger=CreateTrigger(),WESTRING_TRIGDEFAULT_TRIGGER

Later in Trigger conditions Regions are mentioned again
Code:
//Trigger Conditions
OperatorCompareRegion=1,region,EqualNotEqualOperator,region
_OperatorCompareRegion_Defaults=_,OperatorEqualENE,_
_OperatorCompareRegion_Category=TC_CONDITION

I have no idea what I'm talking about really.

Your TriggerData.txt contains this lines (types) twice, dat is no good idea:

eventid=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_eventid
multiboarditem=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_multiboarditem
region=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_region
trackable=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_trackable
unitorderinstant=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_unitorderinstant,string
permanentoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_permanentoption,boolean
effecttypebuff=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_effecttypeoption,effecttype
gameeventoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_gameeventoption,gameevent
playereventoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_playereventoption,playerevent
unituiname=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_unituiname,string
gamestate=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_gamestate
igamestate=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_igamestate
visibilityoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_visibility,boolean​

Level 5
Your TriggerData.txt contains this lines (types) twice, dat is no good idea:

eventid=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_eventid
multiboarditem=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_multiboarditem
region=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_region
trackable=0,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_trackable
unitorderinstant=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_unitorderinstant,string
permanentoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_permanentoption,boolean
effecttypebuff=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_effecttypeoption,effecttype
gameeventoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_gameeventoption,gameevent
playereventoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_playereventoption,playerevent
unituiname=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_unituiname,string
gamestate=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_gamestate
igamestate=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_igamestate
visibilityoption=0,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_visibility,boolean​
Thanks, I'll make sure to clear those out.

Unfortunately my Sharpcraft seems to have gone awry - it says "Unrecognized PJASS (Syntax) Error" whenever I try to save any map whatsoever (even maps with no triggers...). It's the same bug message I posted earlier (below the spoiler-pictures). And I just freshly reinstalled Warcraft 3.

I'll try redownloading it and updating here later.

Level 5
Restarted my computer; turned off Google Chrome protection, shut down Microsoft Security (my only antivirus program)

Downloaded a whole new Sharpcraft Editor bundle. Started up the World Editor Extended in Administrator Mode.
Made a brand new map with absolutely no triggers, units, or anything.

Try to save it --> Get "Unrecognized PJASS (Syntax) Error" followed by "unable to save map".
Stranger yet; after it says "unable to save map" and I click Ok, the new save file still appears within the map directory - and is fully functionate when played in-game.

I know I'm not the most coputer savy person... but I can't be the only one who thinks this is getting ridiculous?

EDIT: Disabled JassHelper for the moment.
It seems that what @Tasyen suggested fixed the problem, as I am no longer getting compiling errors.
It can also reliably save (and test!) Lordaeron The Foremath.

Will remember to +rep everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.