• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate item for each class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have an idea that i will like to discuss here with gaias fans :) Its not a proposal!

Ok so my idea is: What do you think for Ultimate item and i stress on item not items, for each class that you can get from some very hard quest in 1.2 or future versions. The reason why I was thinking about this is because of the problem that troubles some people and exactly: transferring items to your alts.
If you have this item that will be impossible to transfer or to farm for it using other char this can provide a decision. Another reason why i think this maybe good is because currently the way you get your items in Gaias is pretty all the same you either farm gold or farm items, why not have some complicated quest to get item?

Whats your ideas?

Level 5
I'd love something like this, preferably a soloquest, should involve some kind of 'strength' requirement, great idea, would be complicated, but if It'll ever see the light I'll support it.

Level 10
I personally don't like the idea. I like the idea of the game being more skill based than relying on gear to make you good. You can still be great at the game with shitty gear if you know what you are doing, and you can still be shitty at the game if you have great gear.

Having said that though in higher end zones if they are ever implemented, once max level is obtained there really is no point in 'questing' unless as a reward instead of experience the quests could give gear instead, where each quest would give gear tailored for your class. It wouldn't be 'ultimate' gear, but at least by questing you could get gear useful to your class instead of farming or running dungeons. Perhaps as a means to prep you for newer content, dungeons, and zones.

Level 5
Well, I thought the idea would be to make it skillbased, atm It's not very skillbased in comparision to the important factors of gear, quests usually aren't gearbased, the more advanced quests, like maybe for example thief advancement is purely skill (Level increases the likeliness of success, but It's still mostly skill).

Level 3
Good point, bofu, I like your idea.
Since this item should be a very "special" and rare one (good stats and/or special look) it should be very hard to get which means it requires both, good equip and a skilled player with good tactics.

The Squire quest is a good example, it also requires both. But it's way too easy ofc after u found out/some1 told u what to do.

Level 5
When i read that i tought on something like a Master Blacksmith Dwarf that first require you to get some rare metal(from d4 mobs) and then after you deliver it to him(and get exp) he says he can forge the strongest weapon in the world but he needs the finest materials and a production fee, and cause you got the rare metal for him he think you are able to get those materiais for him.
Then according to your class you would need to drop rare materials from d4 bosses (wood for staffs, string for bows and an even more rare metal for the swords and daggers) and some materials from d4 mobs (the first mentioned rare metal of the quest and some other materials) and pay 50k (maybe mana crystals too idk) for the weapon recipe/craft to the Master Blacksmith and get the most legendary weapon for your class. Just what i tought but there is needed a better history or so but i think you got the basic idea and this would fit the new area cause dwarfs are almost always miners and blacksmiths.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
There will be no "ultimate" items. Please forget about that idea. If I implement something like an "ultimate" item that will be always best in slot, the idea of gear improvement would be gone. And I dont want that, because there are only 5 slots anyway. There will be no best-in-slot items in 1.2 - just "best for certain purpose" items.

There will be more than just money and experience rewards for quests in 1.2, especially more complicated level 50 quests will give item rewards, stat rewards and possibly even an additional skillpoint.

Level 4
I have an idea that i will like to discuss here with gaias fans :) Its not a proposal!

Ok so my idea is: What do you think for Ultimate item and i stress on item not items, for each class that you can get from some very hard quest in 1.2 or future versions. The reason why I was thinking about this is because of the problem that troubles some people and exactly: transferring items to your alts.
If you have this item that will be impossible to transfer or to farm for it using other char this can provide a decision. Another reason why i think this maybe good is because currently the way you get your items in Gaias is pretty all the same you either farm gold or farm items, why not have some complicated quest to get item?

Whats your ideas?

me and s0ul were actually discussing something very similar to this last night.
Im in complete support of this bofu, idc how detailed or not, quests to get items would be nice for a change.

What keeps RPGs alive and running, CHANGES, im pretty much in support of any decently large CHANGE for that keeps the game more interesting :)

Level 3
There will be no "ultimate" items. Please forget about that idea. If I implement something like an "ultimate" item that will be always best in slot, the idea of gear improvement would be gone. And I dont want that, because there are only 5 slots anyway. There will be no best-in-slot items in 1.2 - just "best for certain purpose" items.

There will be more than just money and experience rewards for quests in 1.2, especially more complicated level 50 quests will give item rewards, stat rewards and possibly even an additional skillpoint.

I support that zwiebelchen! I mean i just putted the name of the item wrong for which i am sorry. I really dont want some insane overpowered item that you will never change. I was just thinking of different way of getting some nice items :)

Level 3
I'd better make something like honor name. For example you get 100 tokens (which drop like mc) and you can get yourself a rank "Champion" before your name (or something more original).

Level 3
Well when you get to endgame and do d3 a lot of times, you want to get something that make you different from other players, don't you? Gear doesn't really show anything, because you can gear alts or noobs who managed to get into your game, levels is 50/50, because i saw hacked people with 40 level and gear like from d1 area. Titles would make another thing that endgame players could get. If it doesn't require some difficult coding, i think it's worth a shot.

Level 4
but endgame? its still a custom map, a few hours entertainment at wc3 so why would u want a title in such game? this is meaningless to me and i believe its a waste of time for mr. onion to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.