• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I see you already have a list of "Degenerate"-type of Troll buildings so I'll just probably try to expand on that.
Cool! Look forward to seeing some of that. Yeah, I realized when making the post that most of what I have & designed involves the "Degenerate", though I wish it weren't so... I'd like to find some way to combine the two (perhaps "Degenerate" buildings on an "Ancient" base? Or some crumbling (Sunken) Ruins-type buildings buttressed & fortified with the wood/bone/leather?...

Ujimasa Hojo said:
But know that the concepts I currently have on my head aren't the same with the ones you're suggesting such as that with the Gargoyle Spire.
Understood. But in my opinion, the more love they get, the better. Let me know if you ever try wrapping Ruins on the Nerub. Zigg.

Level 60
Let me know if you ever try wrapping Ruins on the Nerub. Zigg.

Like this one:
attachment.php

Attachments

• HighborneZiggurat.png
    HighborneZiggurat.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 843
Level 10
Idea: How about Iron Horde/New Horde buildings? Like Siege of Orgrimmar/Post-Cataclysm Orgrimmar looking orc buildings. That would be really cool; instead of wood and rock it would be like spikes and black iron.

Could be useful for a lot of maps.

Level 10
Nah, it's just used as Neutral building in one of my map series.

The Fel Orc Beastiary is up.

EDIT: The Fel Orc Lumber Mill is up.

Could you release the Blackrock orc models? (grey skinned)

They're really useful and I wanted to use them in a map of mine, with permission of course.

Level 4
I don't want to criticize, but... Your Nerubian buildings, and Gilnean ones, and some other sets, possessed something like an inside view - what kind of buildings each faction would use, why, and so on. This Fel Orc set is simply conversion of standard Horde buildings, to a degree that we see Fel Tauren and Troll constructions... That's not the way I would go. Instead of Troll house, Fel Horde could use something like summoning site, and so on. But, overall, buildings are great as always.

Level 60
I don't want to criticize, but... Your Nerubian buildings, and Gilnean ones, and some other sets, possessed something like an inside view - what kind of buildings each faction would use, why, and so on. This Fel Orc set is simply conversion of standard Horde buildings, to a degree that we see Fel Tauren and Troll constructions... That's not the way I would go. Instead of Troll house, Fel Horde could use something like summoning site, and so on. But, overall, buildings are great as always.

There are Fel Trolls and Fel Tauren here on Hive. While there are no such things lorewise, some people might find it useful.

Anyways, the Fel Orc Mound is up.

EDIT: The Fel Orc Pig Farm is up as well.

EDIT 2: The icons are up.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I see what you mean, and (generally) agree with you. However, in his defense, whereas some buildings (Gilnean, Nerubian, Forsaken, etc; not always textured so seamlessly) have more "opening" for creativity (in terms of what they can be used for), some like the Fel Orcs are really more of a reskin of the Orcs (this was so even in the campaign, aside from replacing the Witch Doctor with the Warlock). And the wrapping is pretty schweet.

I'm just hoping for something different for Trolls. :p

~~~

Lookin' good, Ujimasa. I like that Pig Farm (really dark), and the Altar always impresses me.

Level 60
I'm just hoping for something different for Trolls. :p

About that Troll building. I was thinking of using the Human Barracks as a basis. The 4 towers would be replaced by the log chimney from the Voodoo Lounge while the central buildings would be by either the horizontal log from the Voodoo Lounge or a central cylindrical hut.

Level 4
A Summoning Shrine is neccesary, Fel Orcs are always related to demons, also a building resembling the Temple and Tower of the Orcs in WC1 would be nice, as those buildings match the caster units used by the Fel Orcs better.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Midasowski said:
Nice idea Ujimasa :D
I agree. :p

About that Troll building. I was thinking of using the Human Barracks as a basis. The 4 towers would be replaced by the log chimney from the Voodoo Lounge while the central buildings would be by either the horizontal log from the Voodoo Lounge or a central cylindrical hut.
Interesting. This raises a good issue as well... Personally, I've always seen the (Jungle) Trolls as a lot less structured & consistent as the other races; their buildings often seem more lopsided or haphazard (some might even say "funky"... :p) in their architecture. The Voodoo Lounge is a great example; not symmetrical at all.

With that in mind, I think the Human Barracks might be a really interesting base... With a few tweaks. Perhaps it would only have 3 of the 4 corner-towers (and one taller than the other), leaving an open space of sorts (or a low wall... not sure). Moving two of the tower logs closer together than the other would help enhance this asymmetry. See the red lines on the left side.

Finally, the center. See the blue lines on the right side. This depends heavily on what kind of building this would be (spellcaster, creature, aerial, grounder, basic, advanced, etc)... But I'd love to see a departure from the 'logs-logs-logs' that's all too common (at least, especially with 3 logs forming the exterior. :p). Perhaps some canvas tarps like the Neutral Huts or Beta Lumbermill... OR (ooh, this is good)... This would make a great looking "Swamp Lodge", with the central area made into a sort of "Raptor's Den" (ala Jurassic Park). I imagine a shrunken, re-wrapped Mercenary Camp would look great for this, placed in the center of these columns & poised to unleash lizardy-doom. :p Perhaps even (as the image suggests in blue) turning it <90 degrees so it's less symmetrical.

Anyway, those are all just thoughts. But I seriously think the Trolls could do with some serious asymmetry to really set them off racially, architecturally, and aesthetically (and, hopefully, it wouldn't be all too hard to make those (hopefully) minor mesh edits). Thoughts?

Attachments

• Wc3Mod - Troll Barracks for Ujimasa (MSPaint).png
    Wc3Mod - Troll Barracks for Ujimasa (MSPaint).png
    132.6 KB · Views: 613
Level 60
That's hard to say, even if have will be hard to see, Ujimasa are putting them on brown team.

Anyway, that's good but the Tend could be improved, it's so simple, and kinda of weird to say.

There isn't much change because I simply gave it a Base, Team Color, Birth animation, and Stand Work animation kinda like what I did the other Neutral buildings before.

Level 12
Great job ujimasa.. very impressive
congratulations
I have a doubt about the fel orcs.
do you intend to do to Forge Beta. or the War mill fel orc???

and for suggestions. I'd say:

Felblood Elves - Units - Builds
Mag'har - Builds
Dalaran Kirin'tor - Units - Builds (Idea of a friend)

Congratulations again!!

Level 2
How about Garrosh True Horde? Builidngs with iron elements, flamethrowers/rifles/explosives/tanks/cannons/etc. for orcs and so on...

And as of release of Warlords of Draenor there will be even more interesting Iron Horde...

Level 8
This building are awesome, but they so much elf-ish style, maybe you could make more buildings with base of your Arcane Castle. And that would be perfect for my campaign as well. ;)

But anyway, good work and good luck!

That's what I was thinking, Human buildings with the Arcane Castle texture, and the "Mage Tower" instead of Gryphon Aviary. It would be quite interesting.