• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Uhm WTF Virus encountered while viewing a hive forum page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just a few minutes ago while in the map development forums, i ran across a malware block page where it warned me about malware ahead. happened while viewing the tales of the footman post or something...

Yep, same thing happened to me.

It is because anygif.org is deemed as "harmful" by chrome, and someone probably linked an image from it.

EDIT: It is just a user's signature that is coming from anygif.org. I have sent him a PM requesting that he host the gif on a different site.

Don't worry, it is not anything related to the hive. While I don't believe you'll get any malware from viewing the signature, you may want to avoid viewing threads that display that warning until the signature change is made. Thanks for the report.

Level 22
Is the blocking the work of an anti-virus? I don't seem to be have a blocking thing like that, as I don't have anti-virus software, only a host file from mvpshosts.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Occasionally some of the adverts used by Hive have been reported to contain malware however it is unclear if this is regional (due to region targeted advertising) or if it is the result of an underlying infection of adware on the user's PC. I do think Ralle has changed the advert provider since then though.

Status
Not open for further replies.