• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Uberlisk type unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Seriously, we are all messing around with the editor as crazy right now, you all maybe want to wait couple of days before asking questions *sigh*

It does not take a day to learn that massive editor
If you read this at all right now: Stop wasting time and go back to the editor! :<

Do you have any idea what collaboration means, or would you rather figure out the entire editor by yourself, if you'd rather do that be my guest, but the rest of us would like to help each other figure out this puzzle that is the galaxy editor.

Level 13
Err... no. You don't need any triggers. And why should the thread be closed when the problem isn't solved?

Anyway, I haven't tried yet, but I saw a "Turret" data type in the Data Editor. That sounds like an auto-firing weapon to me :D

Just play around with turrets and I'm sure you can get an uberlisk in no time.

I was doing the turret thing it didnt really work that well

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Turrents are part of it.
Basically, turrents control the facing of model components.

The attacks are done via weapons and can have their own angles themself.

The weapons and turrents combine. This allows you to do extreem things like having a tank with anti air turrents or a siege tank which has a turnable top.

I still have not got the hang of models, however I can tell you how to add a lot of weapons to a unit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you duplicate a unit incorrectly, it will not be asigned an actor.

This is due to the cardinality of actors to units being 1:1. This means that each unit will need its own actor inorder for it to have a model.

Basically, you will have to create a new actor for each new unit you make. You can do this easilly by right clicking the unit and selecting duplicate. Then go to the actor folder and tick it so all actors are duplicated. Their links will automatically update.

If you fail to do this, you will have to manually attach a unit to an actor via going to the actor and selecting the field Event - Terms and selecting your unit there.

Once again, Actors are the head class. They attach units to them which then attach stuff like weapons and turrents and movement.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Please post constructivly. . .

If I see you people spamming like this again, expect to be punished.

Anyway, the whole difference between the data from WC3 and SC2 is that in WC3 you had to base it off melee and campaign data. In SC2 you base the data of base data types and then can make those into bases and extend those etc.

SC2 uses a lot of database theory in the data editor. Thus despite its complexity it probably will still be very efficent due to working in a very logical way.

For example, I am not getting any of the can not target crap WC3 would give with certain things (aka death coil have hard to change targets). It seems everything is highly predictable in SC2, the problem is understading what each field actually means.

Level 3
I almost got it! I got a spine crawler attached but at the orgin and the spine crawler attacks, now all we really need is to know how to add attachment points :O !

Level 3
Here's the map, the spine crawler is attached to the ultralisk in the data editor, so you find out how to change the attachment point. :cool:

Attachments

• Uberlisk test.rar
    10.7 KB · Views: 129
Level 2
It doesn't work, a spine crawler appears in the ultralisk between his feet, it attacks and moves with him and all, but it does not appears on his head like an Uberlisk. But the progress is good and congrats

Level 2
Transfer

Is there a way to transfer data from one map to another? I have found an .rar file that has the Uberlisk in it, I would like to transfer it's data from this file to a map I am making.

Level 2
Transfer

Your way is by far more effective, I just opened two windows and copy and pasted, everything crossed over perfectly except three added attachment points. I could probably figure out how to make the file a dependency on my own, but I'd rather not. Could you please tell me how to make a map's data into a depanancy?

Level 2
crap

Crap, I was hoping there'd be a way to make a mod from a pre-existing match, oh well, I've only got a few glitches, I'll work them manually. Thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.