• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tyranids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys (my first post =) )
...i play a lot wh 40k single so im interrested in the perfect tyranid beggining up to lvl 5. I already mastered dark eldar up to Ralle
and I think I figured out the best beginning for them (lost only 2 lives up to lvl 5). But when i pick Tyranid i always leak the first rounds hardly. So that I start in round 6 with only ~ 30 lives. Does anybody have some tricks or a replay to the perfect tyranid beginning? Or ll be figur it out together ;) ???

My trick is to build the first towers at the red position in a row downwards cause of the poison but this isnt ideal for mazing later.

Lets discusss the tactics for the red position.
I already know that its easy to build towers at grey position in single but thtas lame... so plz help me

--Freakzilla--

Mastif

M

Mastif

Rasmus I played the v5.0 beta with Rula_U and Psypraq and some noob the other day, and we found some bugs. I will tell you about them later

Level 1
Heh Nemisis how do u handle eldar at the beginning?

Special buildorder? Fast uggrading or mazing a sprial?

Eldar is the second race which makes problems for me.

But my Dark Eldar strat is perfect i figured out not to leak in the first round, needed a lot of games to kill the last 2 leakers ^^.
And in the mid game, the race is perfect to kill bosses with this 20.000 dmg spell... just ralle makes some probs... I need somehow 2-3 min for the cooldown... perhaps through mazing. But last time it was really close both ralle's were in the dark yellow area.

But back to the tyranids... I hoped they would rock in mid game, but this zoanthrope wasnt really a help, without an aura its far to slow. And its a lot of gumble with the dmg...

Whats about a tyranid guide? We could try out a lot of strats and write down the results.

But i think the beginning towers of the tyranids are really a bit imba...
I found no way not to leak in the first rounds.

The ravener are good against air but not against ground without splash.
Whats about the upgrade. I dont use it often, they have less range than the original....

Level 7
well i never have trouble for the tyranids in the beginning. i dont know if this works in 3.50 but it does in 5.00. just build first level termagaunts as a starting of a normal maze but leave between each termagaunt an opening. then every units will be hitted for sure. (and the first level doesnt need much hits) then later complete the maze and try a ravaner as fast as possible for air and ground) and then of course lictors (overpowered :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.