• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is people in general interrested in wh 40k? If so in a project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey.

I looked around the hive and found many Warhammer 40k. However, i noticed that I don't see many Warhammer 40k maps on battle.net. Only some td and once a very bad castle like game. I really do like the whole Warhammer universe and think that not enough is done with it in warcraft, especially when we have that many models needed for a great map.

So after some while thinking I came up with an idea, a kind of rpg/survival.
You start of by choosing a Tau, Elder or Space Marine and then get dropped into some ruins. You will then get a transmission saying that you will need to activate a control point pinged on the map. You will then try to reach and activate it to get reinforcements. However, the Tyranids if infesting the planet and will not let you get to it easily. You will need to fight some waves of tyranids and then activate the control point. When that is done you will get reinforce dropped in pods on your position. They will hold the control point for you. Then another transmission is incoming saying that something huge is coming to your position. Then you'll have to fight a boss. After that another transmission saying that you will need to go and destroy the Hive Tyrant wich is sending the waves of Tyranids at you. You will go further and then face off the Hive Tyrant and some other waves of Tyranids.

This is just a quick sketch. If you would be interrested in joining this project then just report for duty here by a reply or just reply saying if you like the idea or not.

If people are interrested and some good modelers, terrainers and triggerers(I would be one of them) then we might be able to make the map come true. :D

The map is supposed to be very like DoW 2 meaning that almost all ruins, plants and stuff like that can be destroyed either by a well placed grenade or a bigger unit.

Thanks in advance ~Yearight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.