• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two Worlds

Two Worlds
icons_15736_btn.jpg
Map Description:
I am glad to present a new melee map 'Two Worlds'. I hope you like it. It uses mixed tile set and unique lay out, it presents little islands called "tiers" as a way to attack your opponent. Tiers are connected to another tier(s) via Way Gate(s). Don't forget to leave comment and rating.

202900-albums5270-picture72821.jpg
202900-albums5270-picture72822.jpg

Bigger size images can be found in my album. Icons by Blizzard.
icons_650_btn.jpg
Change Log
• Uploaded
• Update I

- Edited description
- Added images
- Added 2 Orang Creep camps
• Update II
- Made bases a bit larger
- Added 2 tiny unwalkable tiers
• Update III
- Fixed an issue with South-East extention teleport
• Update III
- Fixed all teleports, they should now work correctly
• Update IV
- Changed Void Dragon sound to the correct one

icons_602_btn.jpg
Information
• Creep Camps
- 6 Green Camps
- 6 Orange Camps
• Neutral Buildings
- 4 Gold Mines
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 1 Taverns
- 24 Way Gates

Keywords:
Remixer, World, Void, Jump
Contents

Two Worlds (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet09:16, 10th Aug 2013 Map Approved Two Worlds (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet09:16, 10th Aug 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Two Worlds (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The strategic idea is good I like how you used a unique style of SFX and make it a different look to those way gates, but they are some problems going on to those way gates mainly, most of the way gates keeps returning back to the top player main base, I don't know why and its problematic to reach bottom player's main base, could you rework the drop positions? and it would be great if you can give them color codes(rune, wisp sfx, etc.) or any possible measures that the player won't get lost along the way."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is majestic and brightly new, you made it like a maze of some sort, which is great although your still lacking some air path blockers at the near bottom of the player blue because some air units can actually go through there and ends up flying across the map."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map is good and served to be recommended."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 5
Yestarday you congratulated me for my activity and my reviews.Since you asked me to review some of your maps here you go.Btw idk if im too harsh or too soft.Thats my opinion dude.

Ok here is my review.
Theoden's Review of Remixar's 'Two worlds' melee map

Good Things

-Exclusive , if i may say, terrian and generally idea of the ....errr.... i dont know the word but i will call it ''way'' of the map.
-Very good idea with the waygates system
-Well placed starting locations and expantions
-Exellent descreption if i may say :p

Bad Things

-I belive that there are too few creeps for early game.Something i like in melee maps is early creeping.With 3 green and 2 orange there is nothing much to do...
-Small expantions if i may say.
-A mistake in descreption.Its 24 waygatees not 26 :p.Or i counted wrong
-Few doodads.Or im used to see Fully use doodadas in maps that they totally overhelm them :p

Suggestions?

-You could add like 3-4 creep camps.2 green and 1-2 orange at least.
-1 more gold mine?.Cause expantions are really vunerable when the enemy knows you are there.
-Fix the waygate descreption.Or if im bad at counting just kill me :p
-some more doodads near the waygates and in the middle one.
-Terrian can always be improved.If you like so :p

Rate:

Terrian 3/5
Units 2/5
Doodads 3/5
Descreption 4/5

Grand total : 3/5

Note:A good melee map.I played it vs comp(insane).Althought im good vs insane lvl , it was kinda hard to me cause of too much waygates.The comp just had no problem attacking my expantion all the time:goblin_good_job:Good job.Oh and +rep for a good map

This map looks really great, but I want screenies! I often view maps at work and don't download them until I get home. (hope my boss is not a member here). Anyway, I looked in your album and found nothing from this map. Also, your title is off center. Add a
to the whole description to fix it. I don't know why the Hive has that dumb scroll thing there that throws the alignment off, but its there. Anyway, I will probably download your map anyway, because I know your work is quality.

EDIT: oooooh, I really like it! This looks freak'n great man, nice work!!!

Last edited:
Level 28
Review:

The terrain layout of Two Worlds is probably the best that I have ever seen since Misha and Ken-E's collaboration work "Archipelago". Its daring yet sweet for my taste with nice idea of way gate making it one hell of a maze for first timer not to mention that your designing is really solid with great mix of the Sunken and Ashen's trees combined with great use of environmental doodads and great tile brushing. Someone might not care on this much but I love that some places are slightly elevated.

About the gameplay, the way gates is probably its best selling point as it makes strategy freak like me jump for joy. But something out there frustrates me and that is the lack of neutral buildings some mercenary camps and a couple of fountain is critical for a small 1 v 1 map and also the number of neutral creeps is low or at least its total level I would prefer to have a couple of red camp out there. Oh and speaking of creep camps, what the hell does the Void Dragon doing out there with the Hydras? I know they are passive but its just awkward that I pulled back my army because I saw a void dragon with hydras.

Well the to simply put it Two World is a very unique melee map with a splendid layout and solid designing. 5/5

P.S.

I know I already told you this on chat but this need to be part of the review. The bases are too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Where did I saw the 1/5 then? Oh god I'm hallucinating.

Well melee map is not for everyone since its for players who really just spend time on this genre.

Thats true.

Also its simply to tell someone they reviewed something wrong. Everyone makes mistakes.
I never reviewed a melee map b4.

Last edited:
Level 10
i didnt change my rating lol. Im not petty the map was just boring to me.

Also idc what anyone says with that tone.
Im not going to get offended by some little post on a thread.

thanks for actually saying what it was. I was under the wrong impression when reviewing map.
Still tho the gameplay is lacking so im not going to change my rating.
Maybe if you balance the 2 sides a little more

Don't review melees then idiot. Every melee will have the same gameplay making your point of leaving your rating low redundant. So go back to forum dwelling, thanks!

Level 29
Don't review melees then idiot. Every melee will have the same gameplay making your point of leaving your rating low redundant. So go back to forum dwelling, thanks!

see comments like this i just disregard.

Everyone makes mistakes its as simple as that.

@ Map maker
I think that the 2 sides can be balanced better. Balance them then ill change my review its as simple as that. dont balance them and review stays.
Also sry for the earlier bad review. That was my mistake for not knowing enough on the classifications of game types.

Edit: New review updated to properly reflect the game type. If there is anything wrong just calmly say so. I am reasonable and if I'm wrong i will gladly change it to reflect the right way.
REVIEW
Melee Map Review
TERRAIN
  • The terrain is interesting and good.
  • 5/5
GAMEPLAY
  • There can be more creeps in beginning.
  • The sides should be balanced a little more.
  • It’s to easy to take over the gold mines from the other player.
  • Maybe try some more creeps to stop you from getting the gold mines so easily.
  • 1/5
FINAL RATING
  • Can use some improvements.
  • It’s not a bad map and after playing more I will change rating to 3/5
  • Balance a little more and this could easily be a 4/5 or 5/5
  • 3/5
  • Approvable
[/TD][/tr]
If you have any questions or problems with my review please tell me. Original Review Template by Doomlord.

Last edited:
Level 29
@Dimf: I think a reviewer should be proficient about what they are reviewing, they are supposed to see what the creator cannot and thus helps improve/polish the resource.

A wrong review pisses others off much worse than a wrong comment because the word "review" carries a great weight. People expect the reviews to be professional and insightful, not "taking a guess".

That being said, you shouldn't be troubled by the negative comments directed at your review. They aren't unjustified.

ik they werent unjustified. I was just under the wrong impression of what a melee map actually was. I played a lot of what were called melee maps but were actually altered melee maps when i first started playing wc3. Thats why i got messed up. I recently updated the review as the old one was a horrible one and there comments were warranted.

Level 13
Comment

The map is epic, description is gr8

Terrain

Terrain is awsome, no words for terrain

Gameplay

A regular melee map is epic terrain

Final Rating:

Terrain:5/5
Gameplay:4/5
Comment:5/5

FINAL RATING:
4.6/5

Suggestions
-No suggestions

Level 10
Comment

The map is epic, description is gr8

Terrain

Terrain is awsome, no words for terrain

Gameplay

A regular melee map is epic terrain

Final Rating:

Terrain:5/5
Gameplay:4/5
Comment:5/5

FINAL RATING:
4.6/5

Suggestions
-No suggestions

Wouldn't 4.6 be rounded to 5

Level 16
Review

Just reviewing your map.

Balance

The map is well-balanced. I like the style there. But you lack of neutral buildings. I can see tavern, goblin merchant, and two other gold mines only. It's a little dangerous to get a second hero from the tavern. It's better to have Fountain. Also you lack of creep camps. The most powerful creep is level 7, no red camps, and the bases are small too.

Ambience and Aesthetics

The map terrain is well-made. The trees are the combination of SR tree and Ashenvale tree. The ground terrains are also good. This map is really not a good place for air units. The sky and weather is also good. But can you make a collision on the other portal? I have a problem there. I'll explain it down.

Creativity

I like it how you made it like outland. By separating the islands. And it's good you used custom models for the way gates.

Something i encountered in gameplay

1. There are two way gates in our main base. One of them has collision and the other doesn't. To protect my base, i keep the distance of my buildings away from the collisioned way gate. The other gate was undefended. And i was surprised the enemy could enter there. Is it a bug or you created them? You should add a collision in it, and i should play this map well.
2. Did you add Void Dragon to your map? Because they are invisible and when i check your map in the editor, there are. What are they doing here?

Conclusion

Hope you can fix the things i explained.

This is a really well-made map. I like your execution. 5/5