• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two Tundras

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: twojstaryjakcie
Story
No one knows, no one will ever know what happened here. It's been ages what once was here. The consequences however are more than visible. Bright orange and soothing green spread across two separate sides of this island now.

Version Log
0.1: Released
0.2: Added Dragon Roosts

Map Features

• 4 Gold Mines
  • 2 Dragon Roosts (Green 'n Black)
  • 5 Green Creep Camps
  • 5 Orange Creep Camps
  • 4 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 1 Tavern
Author = 0waterXcolour0

Author Notes

2023: I haven't been here in here in a while, but man I feel so soulless after coming back here and reading my old stuff. What was with me back then, why is everything capitalized. Maybe, I might actually update the map with help from the guide sent by twojstaryjakcie. Can't promise much though, haven't done much WC3 in ages.

Contents

Two Tundras (Map)

Level 8
Just as Panda said, this map's lack of symmetry results in underwhelming balance which leads to one player having a serious advantage over the other.

The fact that there are so few creep camps also takes away from the gameplay value. Moreover, they don't have their aggro range set to 200. In general, only creeps at gold mines should have 500 aggro range.

The map feels a bit simplistic and is scarcely decorated with doodads, but I do like the green/orange theme.

There are a few more issues with the map, but these are the most urgent and necessary to fix in order to make the map playable.

Useful guides on Melee mapping:
General - Melee Maps like the Professionals
Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps

Last edited: