• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tundra Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Polygons: 929
Time: 3H

New image
attachment.php

Concept
attachment.php

OLD image
attachment.php

Janella Lakewood - Tundra Wolf
-------------------------------
Background (Knights of the Sphere): Though it began production too late to have any effect in the war against the Word of Blake, the Tundra Wolf was the first Clan Wolf design wholly designed and produced in the Inner Sphere. Like many of the Tundra Wolfs found in The Republic, this unit was shipped to those Wolf warriors from Delta Galaxy who pledged themselves to the formation of The Republic.

WC320-00L was piloted by the first Wolf warrior to be offered a place in the Knights of the Sphere, and he was allowed to retain the design upon accepting that great honor. After his death, the design became a part of the Knights, to be bestowed upon the next worthy individual in need of such a powerful Mech.

The current pilot, Janella Lakewood, has named it “Andrea” to honor her mother.

Kriya Wolf - Tundra Wolf
------------------------
Background (Steel Wolf): Kriya Wolf is a tenacious MechWarrior and her versatile Tundra Wolf gives her a battlefield presence second to none! The Tundra Wolf is exceedingly fast and agile for a heavy ’Mech. Its mobility is augmented by Jump Jets which give it the ability to perform lethal death from above attacks. Expect to do most of your damage with the Tundra Wolf’s ballistic weapons, as Steel Wolf energy weapons are prone to overheating.

Last edited:
Level 45
1.He wont be able to walk with no leg joints.

2.Hes feet nead a U shape..atm that sqaure shape doenst look very satisfying.

apart from those i think he looks fine, greatwork but i really suggest you learn to skin, skinning robots is rather simple since they dont need much shading and the detail can easily be finished by using brushes.

Level 4
1.He wont be able to walk with no leg joints.

2.Hes feet nead a U shape..atm that sqaure shape doenst look very satisfying.

apart from those i think he looks fine, greatwork but i really suggest you learn to skin, skinning robots is rather simple since they dont need much shading and the detail can easily be finished by using brushes.

1. It does have leg joints you just can't tell without a wire frame.
2. I don't know what you you mean by 'U' shape (I know the feet look like crap compared to the concept, I was trying to save polygons)

3. ya, I'll try skinning it later, but I still have no clue how to animate for wc3 in max 7.

Level 4
max7 huh? hmm.. well i dont know how to animate in max at all, but you can export to a..certain format so it can be used in milkshape, you can animate from there then export with guessts exporter hosted at wc3.

How do you animate something mechanical? Would it be 1 piece or several?

Level 4
um.. in milkshape? peices? you mean bones? or parts of the actual model?

I mean parts of the model. I just thought if it was all attached it would "stretch" and seem less like something mechanical.

Level 8
what you would do is make seperate joints for each bone (Not a entire skelton like with other chars). then when animating it use only rotations there is also a way to increase the tension of the animation so he won't strench any but ill only bother explaining that if you need to.(I'm concluding this from gmax if you know how to attach bones to meshes there)

Status
Not open for further replies.