• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two spells firing at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've imported two custom spells from this site (they work, I've tested it) but they both activate at the same time. They both have the same 'Order String Use/Turn on' that is blizzard. I've changed one to a different string like breathoffire. And yet they still activate together. Btw the spells are Helios collision and Mega flare. Any help?

Sometimes when I use helios, mega flare will activate and vice versa.
helios:Helios Collision V1.00
mega flare:Mega Flare V1.15

Last edited:
Level 39
The only spells whose base order string can be changed are Channel and Spellbook; it doesn't work for any other spell. If two spells have the same base order ID then they will collide and either cast simultaneously or not really cast well at all. You must make a new 'base' spell for either Helios Collision or Mega Flare and for that you have two solutions:
  • Use Rain of Fire for one of them instead of Blizzard (will have to remake with RoF as base)
  • Make a new custom dummy ability based on Channel (with appropriate options set) and use that as the base. You can change this spell's string to anything you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.