• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Two quick questions (how to make Channel AoE / what does "attack type" mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Me again, with few more questions :p .

How do you make a Channel based spell target area like Silence?

Also, when triggering the dmg, what does the attack type really mean? I think Universal is like "pure" dmg, that ignores everything (deals X dmg exactly), while normal is, normal. But what are the others? Fire, Death, Unknown etc.

Level 37
How do you make a Channel based spell target area like Silence?

Data - options -> targeting image

Also, when triggering the dmg, what does the attack type really mean? I think Universal is like "pure" dmg, that ignores everything (deals X dmg exactly), while normal is, normal. But what are the others? Fire, Death, Unknown etc.

Attack types are normal, pierce, siege etc. It affects the modifier with which the damage is multiplied based on the target's armor.

Damage types are fire, cold, poison etc. The don't really exist.

Normal takes armor into consideration, universal ignores armor. Unknown might ignore armor also. You shouldn't use the others, they are something Blizzard didn't really add in.

Status
Not open for further replies.