• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Two Minimaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi lads
Im currently working on a BShips version that allows players to submerge, entering a second plane of fight (underwater of course:wink:). After getting a lot of help here with my fade filters and so on I request help again:

Do you know if it's possible to add two custom minimaps to the game which switch as soon as the unit enters the underwater zone or the surface?

Hoping you can help me,
Atarion

Level 8
Its possible to a very small extent.

You'll have you cut your map in two halves. One is the above water part and the other is the under water part. If the player is above water, adjust his camera bounds to only the above water part. If the player is submerged adjust it to the submerged part. When someone submerge teleport him to the submerged part of the map and vice versa.

Download this map : Phase Killer

Which has two halves a "phase world" and a normal world....where you would have above and under water.

Level 2
Hmm ok thanks for the answers.
This system in the Phase shifter map doesn't look too bad, i tried the same in my map but due to the fact that the underwaterzone and the surface don't have the same size, things get rather difficult:wink:

Ill simply try to resize the camera bounds, maybe that'll work.
+ rep for the fast answers :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.