• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two animation sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I wonderd how might we make two animation sets.
For example, using "ground animations" and "water animations" like the naga.

It can probably be done pretty easly with forcing the unit to run animations with triggers but thats nasty.

So, how can we force the unit to run a certain "set" when he is in one state and another when he is in another state ?

Thanks in advance :)

Level 29
As for morph, I want my unit to have all the animations, not to be seperated into two units.

The others I cannot understand :S
What are animation tags ?

[edit] Ok I looked at the Art Tools read me and saw the "swim" and "alternate" animations, are thos the tags you talked about ?

Level 26
Yep. In the WE, some skills in the Object Editor have a field that says 'required animation names'. Adding 'alternate' or 'swim' will override the standard animations and play animations that have 'alternate/swim' in their names instead. But morphing spells have this hardcoded into them already.

Status
Not open for further replies.