• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Twenty First Releaed Map- Burning Fest. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
At the time that I made this map, I was really starting to get burned out with map making. I simply was not enjoying it anymore. The same happened during my map making days with Red Alert 2. I finished red alert 2 with a map that no one else had ever done before. I made a fully functioning AoS map complete with computer controlled spawned mobs, upgradable units and heroes all on a large detailed map. Keep in mind red alert 2 is no wc3…its map editor is not nearly even a fraction of a % as versatile and uses only very basic triggers to make scripted events. most of these features used in that map were not normally available in red alert 2…it took a lot of .ini editing and triggering to get around them. It was my pride and joy for the series. It was called burning Fest. 03 and was the map that wrapped up my mapping career. I tried to do something similar here, figuring this map was going to be my last, and maintain the tradition of my last map being something that no one else has ever done, and giving it the burning fest title. In this case it was a fully functioning overhead scrolling shooter, along the lines of Raiden. Also at the time, this site’s map contest was about to begin and I decided to make it for that contest. I applied and the entry was accepted.

Although the map did not turn out as well as I expected, I think its an okay map. I ran into some problems with the arrow key movement trigger and had to add in a .01 second delay when moving the ship or otherwise it would jump too many spaced, but the result was much more sluggish movement. The second was the firing trigger. For some reason instant cast just isn’t instant cast anymore, and the dummy unit I use to launch projectiles like to simply not shoot at times, leaving players having to mash the fire keys to get a shot off at times. The replay value is not that high, so odds are after people have played it once, I’d imagine they wont play it again. The terrain, music and scripting turned out pretty nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.